Best Way to FLARE Ducks?

Matt in MO

Reaction score
Howdy - what would be some good ways to flare the ducks and keep them out of an area? aluminum foil? some kind of scarecrow? This is for my land, not a public area. Gimme your ideas, thanks.

E A Hunt

Reaction score
Call my buddy BOB he has some super reflector Coke bottel glasses he wears. They seem to flare 747's , UFOs  and ducks out of the area.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Hey Matt,

Just tell everyone you invited me out to hunt.  You don't have to REALLY invite me, but just let on that you did.  The ducks'll clear out so fast you'd think they migrated.

Swampy

Reaction score
Don't know what they call it but I see that reflective (Mylar?) tape in a lot of orchards. Keeps the crows and other birds out. Maybe put it on poles out in your marsh? Are you trying to keep birds from working the areas you aren't hunting? That can sure be frustrating. If you just want to keep them out use a Zon gun.  

Fubar

Reaction score
Matt  Some of the farmers near the refuge where we hunt ducks use Co2 cannons. I dont know where to get them but they make a loud bang every so often and they keep the ducks away.        Fubar

Matt in MO

Reaction score
Thanks - The reason is I have a large area to hunt, and one 80 acre field in particular is difficult, as you can walk into one side, flush hundreds of birds, they just get up and land 400 yards away and suck in every other bird that flies by. I'll try something...

Wild Turk

Reaction score
Maybe this is a crazy one, but cheap if it doesnt work.  Try some of the little silver windmills that kids play with.  They will move quite a bit in a small breeze and the shine will be similar to mylar.  Like I said, it may not work but those things are a dime a dozen.

If that doesnt work, invite some friends who cant shoot straight to hunt the other side of your field. THAT will keep 'em moving.

jerry d

Reaction score
Dang, I wish I had Mat in MO's problem.

Hundreds of unwanted birds in a field!!! Doesn't it make you want to just lay down and :cry-blue:.

Julio

Reaction score
   Just tape a typical morning on most refuges when most hunters are screaming hi-balls on their etched and gold laminated calls and you should have nothing to worry about.  Throw in twelve booms from a sound cannon every few minutes and that should seal the deal.

Top Bottom