BEST WAY TO HIDE A CAM CONTEST!!!

mkacala697

Reaction score
was out in the woods today and went to pick up my cam and o-ooooh   its not there, well i called my grandpa later and talked to him about other stuff and found out he actually got the cam. YES!!!!  NOT STOLEN!!!!  but it got me thinkin because i put it in a great place but it was wide open so i think its a bad place

SO HERES THE GOOD PART  I WAS BACK AT THE HOUSE WALKIN AROUND TRYIN TO FIND AN OLD MOTION DETECTOR AND I WAS SWINGIN A STICK THINKIN ABOUT CAMS  AND ALL OF A SUDDEN WHACK :surprised-purple: I HIT A BIRD HOUSE!!!!

BRILLIANT IDEA- BUILD A CAM IN A BIRDHOUSE!!!!!   IT WOULDNT BE WEIRD OR OUT OF PLACE!!!!   WHADA THINK?:big-grin-aqua:

thehairlessone

Reaction score
why would someone put a bird house out in the middle of nowhere in a bunch of trees?

I have been trying to think of something to put one in but i am thinking more like a tree stump. Especially a bird house 3 ft. off the ground?

rick

Hookset

Reaction score
Mike,
Not that bad of an Idea!  In some places that could work just fine maybe but a Wildlife Habitat Monitoring Sticker on the side to help deter someone from stealing it.
Keep up the thinking.
JB

Rooter

Reaction score
I brought the bird house idea up before.  I also brought up the idea of a wasp nest.  It might make a good contest.

Rooter

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
The Wasp nest and the bird house are good ideas, the only problem I see with them are that they would hang from a branch and would be subject to a lot of movement from wind and such.

mkacala697

Reaction score
ooops forgot about it being three feet of the ground, in that case the log idea would be better

davered1

Reaction score
Mike,

Here we have  big rotten cedar trees. If I am worried about a cam I take my trusty chain saw and cut a 10" square out of it. Trees usually have about 6 -8 inch shell ( tree has rotted from inside and only has 6-8 inch shell on outside holding it up ). I rip the  bark in one piece from the wood(pretty much falls off) then punch 2 hole about 2" for the flash and shutter.

I place the cam in the tree on ledge I created and using 4 long finishing nails hammer the bark back into place.This all takes about 5 minutes. The only way you can tell there is a cam there is by flash.

I will take a pic and post it ,but it will be in about a month as I use these alot by roads in bear season.

thehairlessone

Reaction score
i was thinking about it some more today at work. I have been trying to come up with a good idea too. I thought about the bird house but i didnt think that was it.  Here is a question for you!   What  does just about any good deer spot have that no one would think twice about seeing and the deer wouldnt even notice AND it a known major animal travel route?

Answer: An old fencepost! Why not take one of those white hard plastic fencepost you can buy at home improvement stores and put your cam inside and then use gun docc's idear with the treebark idea??  you could actually put it in a fencerow and even hook the wire up to it if you wanted to! I have a perfect spot in mind where this would be priceless!

What do you think??

rick

Latest Posts

Top Bottom