Beware of a Scam

Bigmoss

Reaction score
Just and FYI for members on an experience I had recently. I had 2 bows for sale here in the classifieds. I get an email from a fellow asking me if the bow was still for sale. I answered back asking him which one as I had 2 for sale.

Hey then inquires about both and asks for pictures when I had them up already but OK emailed them off. The fellow explained he was a US person working right now in the UK for a gas and oil company. He emails me back saying he will take both bows, one for him and one a a co-worker wants. Seemed a little fishy too quick a sale, did not ask any questions as most do etc etc. He asked for my address as he was going to send a US Money order to me and even arrange to have the bows picked up and shipped himself when all had cleared.

I waited a good month with no payment and an email once a week only as he claimed he was out of the office asking me if the payment arrived etc. Well after a month I was tired of that and sold the bows to others and emailed him saying I had been more than patient and the bows were now gone. Since that email I have never heard from him since which prooves 110% is was a scam. If he was real he would have been contacting me as the money was sent right ? RIGHT !. and would have wanted it back.

Just beware people as there are still scammers out there. His emails came in under the name Steve Sandler and email address stevesandler33@yahoo.com

Bigmoss

Reaction score
Hey Lan-Lord thanks for the reply I to got those google results but the links to those exact threads dont work which is too bad. I am not sure if he even registered as a user. Can you just view the classifieds without registering ?

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
you can view the classifieds without registering, but in order to contact someone selling an item, one has to register here at JHO.

IK13

Reaction score
No international shipping and ask for a phone number.

bighog

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Land-lord

I just got back from following your link. I scrolled down and saw a link to 419eater.com. It's been over an hour. I have been busting up reading and looking at the pictures of these internet scammers. Thanx for directing me to the thread. Never had so much fun on a website-aside from Jesse's and xxx.....JK

thank mucho

spotty

Reaction score
This same jerk emailed me about a boat that I had listed in the classifieds here at JHO. His story is much the same as above. I would post the correspondance with him about the boat but, I've already deleted it.

The boat was a Lowe, 14' aluminum fishing boat with a 15 horse Mariner along with several other accesories. I get an email from him asking if I still have the boat that was listed on JHO.

I replied stating that I still have it and thanked him for his interest. He replied later the same day, saying he was from Kentucky but currently working in the UK for some petroleum company. He was asking for more pics of the boat and said that he wanted to buy it and arrange payment and shipping. I already had a three pics that showed the boat and all accessories very well along with a very detailed description of the whole package in the classifieds. I replied and mentioned the pics were already posted. I went on to say that if he wanted to send someone to look at the boat (I'm in Tennessee and part of Kentucky is roughly 100 miles from here) that I would work with who ever he sent. I told him that I wasn't shipping the boat anywhere that it was pick up only.

He replied again saying that he wanted the boat and would arrange payment. Of course this is getting more and more fishy with each reply. I told him of my plans to park the boat at my local Wal-Mart's parking lot where it can be seen from a major highway on the following Saturday morning with a for sale sign on it. I told him I would let him know if I sold it or not.

I did sell the boat that morning to the first person to bring me a $500 deposit. I marked my classified add on JHO as sold and removed the add. I then sent "Steve" an email stating that I had sold the boat at Wal-Mart that day. I've not heard from him since.

After all this, I believe he wanted to wire or transfer the money to my account. Needless to say I would never give out any such info! He never asked for an account number.

All this was roughly two months ago. Gotta watch out for jerks like this!

gtimo98

Reaction score
I keep getting the one about my ;long lost relative who died in a terrible car carsh in Nigeria and they haven't been able to find any living relatives.
Or it's the guy who wants to send me a cashier's check cash it and send him back the remainder of the money left over from the amount of the check. Nah haven't seen scams before...

Top Bottom