Big bear lake???

Hunt Crazy In Ca

Reaction score
Hey there guys, anyone been up to big bear at all lately to see if the carp were movin around???? Justy wonderin cuse i CAN NOT wait to get up there and arrow some of them things!!!!

Hunt Crazy In Ca

Reaction score
well took the boat up to Big bear today looking for carp.......It a lil late to go into it now, Im going to a 3-d shoot down in riverside tomarrow so look for the story and some pics later tomarrow..........I will say this my arms are sore.........wackn-n-stackn!!!

Hunt Crazy In Ca

Reaction score
Well here it is. My lil bro and I did not get on the water till about 11:00am saterday morning,(they are cheacking boats for those quaggla mussles or whatever there called) Well we motor over to some docks that were full of them last year, I drop the trollin motor in the water and start moterin down the docks well about half way down there they are a hole Pile of them on top of the water!!!! I shoot and miss I think 2-3 times........
.....i then reallized I put a new rest on my bow so i shoot at a few things in the water made some adjustments and was dialed in. In the mean time lil bro this being his first time is beging me to put his bow fishing stuff on his bow....I get it all on, have him shoot a few times ...looks good buddy lets go!!!! so turn the boat around and start headin back toward the docks(by this time we hade drifted away from the docks) pull up and there they are!!! give lil bro the go ahead.....what does he do smokes on first shot!!! so hes pumped now! we hed over to some other docks and i shoot.....still missed.....stupid bow...LOL. so lil bros up and there is one looking right at us just under the water all i can see is those lip goin....whats he do....sends the arrow threw it mouth and comed out about about a 1/2 inch from the tail.....and that was his second shot!! ever at a carp!!! We then get into another group and i tell lil brothe ol 1-2-3 shoot.....yea about 2 he let one go and nails one I ask him "hey what the hell happened to three".....his replie....I dont know it was just a natrual to shoot him......Ow I also shoot two with one shot....never done before.....thought it was preety sweet, exspecially since i needed a few to catch lil bro.....
.....But I did kill the bigest one coming in a 9 pounds 4 ounces!!!
Well in all we probably seen an easy 300 or so carp i was a blast, to be honest I really didnt expect to see to much cuse of water temp but they were there, the fish finder said the water temp is 50 degres. well we had a blast we missed ALOT more then we hit......
................................................................................

Lil Bros first carp:

Attachments

Bulleye

Reaction score
That looks like a lot of fun. Way to go on the carp. Do you eat them?

YOUNG BUCK

Banned
Reaction score
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttt well done man! Way to get the lil bro hooked up!!! Thanks for the report, I was just wondering how BB was doing. Now I know and will be up there shortly.
I was at the Riverside 3-D also. It was a great shoot, lots of close targets and perfect weather.
Are you going to the Tilapia tourney in PaloVerde/Blythe on the 19th?

Hunt Crazy In Ca

Reaction score
Right on man, that was a fun shoot, it was my first time out there, i was there with my buddy Danny antillion. I dont know about the shoot down there, your the first one to tell me about it. Ill have to think about it for sure!!!............Hey you going to the 3-d the mojave archers sre puttin on on the 19-20 of this month?.........Yea big bear was fun will be back up there very soon again!!!

YOUNG BUCK

Banned
Reaction score
Here is the info. on the Tilapia shoot. Sounds like you are going to the Rollin Ranch shoot (same weekend)so you probably won't make it out but thought it may be interesting info. for you and other JHO Bowfishermen! Good luck at the shoot!
YB

Attachments

Hunt Crazy In Ca

Reaction score
youngbuck thanks for the info....ya ill be at the 3-d shoot....maybe next year...good luck to you out there and take alot of photos!!!!

bulleye, no I do NOT eat them......i give them to Jesse for his garden................

YOUNG BUCK

Banned
Reaction score
Had a blast at the tournament. The carp wouldn't cooperate as there were a lot of deep shots and misses. The tilapia were fun to hunt, they are spooky fish. Overall it was an awesome weekend, good weather, clear water bowfishing with my bros!
Tally: 30 something carp 17.6lb being our biggest
5 tilapia 4.7lb being our biggest

Attachments

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Dang, I missed this one again. Out turkey huntin.

The pics are awesome. Gotta get out soon.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom