Big bear still quiet

SoCalbowfisher05

Weird day today up in big bear...wind was on and off the whole time and water level has made it real tough to find good areas, ended up going trophy hunting since it's still early and I knew there wouldn't be a lot of fish, found a few pods of fish out deep but on the surface, stuck 4 with the trophys being two 10 pounders
Still waiting on some warmer weather up there
View attachment 88016

augnmike

Big Bear Lake is mostly clear water and Elsinore you are shooting at shadows with the exception of the hard spawn when their backs are out of the water. You can get some really deep shooting at BB and because of water clarity you can find fish regardless of if the spawn is on. Basically for me Elsinore is just something to do until BB warms up.

Where's Bruce?

I haven't hit a thing at BBL yet but I don't have a boat for it so maybe that's why. Shots from shore are few, far between and just plain far.

SoCalbowfisher05

Due to the low water level at BBL shore shooting is damn near impossible now all the good coves like grout bay don't have any water left so now if u don't have a boat ull have to start wading on the east end and some spots by the damn and during the spawn in June. Other than that a boat is the only way to go up at BBL

Top Bottom