Big bore airgun hunting in OC & Corona

TrickTroy

Reaction score
Anyone interested in hunting in OC or corona or Inland empire area? I specialize in airguns as well as rim fire but I love airguns. technology has come a long way & these guns are very powerful .30 & .45 cal. and very accurate up to distances well over a hundred yards. Lots of fun hunting with airguns and they are very quiet ;) View attachment 88534

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Fishgunner

Reaction score
Not gunna find a whole lot of hunting grounds in those areas. You are limited to some shotgun-only wildlife areas, a few private pheasant farms/ duck-clubs and the Cleveland National/ Angeles Forest. So your most difficult challenge is finding some National Forest / Public Land where you can legally use those. I have seen non-lead .177 pellets before but never in those calipers- do they make non-lead pellets that big? Those are the coolest air-rifles I have ever seen by the way... What are you planning on hunting?

Last edited:

TrickTroy

Reaction score
Not gunna find a whole lot of hunting grounds in those areas. You are limited to some shotgun-only wildlife areas, a few private pheasant farms/ duck-clubs and the Cleveland National/ Angeles Forest. So your most difficult challenge is finding some National Forest / Public Land where you can legally use those. I have seen non-lead .177 pellets before but never in those calipers- do they make non-lead pellets that big? Those are the coolest air-rifles I have ever seen by the way... What are you planning on hunting?
The regulation phases-in the requirement to usecertified nonlead ammunition###depending on where and what you are hunting. The first phase begins July 1, 2015, and requires use of nonlead ammunition when hunting on all CDFW properties and for all 2015 bighorn sheep hunts. Effective July 1, 2016, hunters using shotguns will be required to use certified nonlead ammunition to take upland game species (except for dove, quail, snipe, and any species taken on licensed game bird clubs), fur-bearing andnongame species, and any species taken under the authority of a depredation permit. Shotgun ammunition containing pellets composed of materials approved as nontoxic by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, as identified in Title 14 Section 507.1, is considered certified. Effective July 1, 2019, the use of certified nonlead ammunition will be required statewide when taking any wildlife. The new regulation does not modify the existing requirements to use certified nonlead ammunition when taking big game and nongame within the###California condor range

*as you can read the different dates and the requirements of those dates.
*As you can read there is mentioning of non-toxic ammo that is available.
* As you can read there is mention on "rimfire" guns and their restrictions. However, airguns are NOT rimfire.
*non- toxic amo is available for airguns: 177,22, and 30 cal.
*with airguns you are allowed to shoot them pretty much anywhere you wish when plinking targets under some minor restrictions since they are air guns and not rimfire.

I'm not trying to be a smart a** just pointing out what I read & what's real. U Gota be compliant now adays :) especially in this nanny state!

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
How many top pressure shots do you get before you see or feel the fade?

TrickTroy

Reaction score
That is the actual shot Spectrum of one of my airguns, all airguns are different knowing the capabilities of your gun is essential in successful air gun shooting / hunting. Looking at this graph you can see after about 25 shots you would want to refill. If I'm hunting larger game & I want Optimal Performance, I would simply recharge my gun after every shot if I choose ( it just takes a second). If I'm just out playing around I might wait to recharge my gun after 20- 25 shots.

Top Bottom