BigBuck's new cam

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Here is Bigbuck from Covington, Louisiana new cam. Bigbuck can fill in all the details. Nice job on the cam Bigbuck.

Billy in VA

Reaction score
What is the box made out of and where from? Looks like metal and should be good in bear country. Now comes the adictive part, pictures.    Good luck  Billy

B

Big Buck

Billy, This box is made of cast aluminum.  It has stainless steel hinge pivots and six stainless steel cap screws that hold it closed.  It has an o-ring seal and is water tight.  It is a good enclosure but a little heavy compared to my camtrakker.  I believe this box is a one of a kind for me.  It was a discarded telephone line junction box that was changed out by the phone company.  It had a couple of holes in the sides that I had to plug with brass fittings and sealer but it should last a while.

Big Buck

Jon Bain

Reaction score
Nice camera BB and I am looking forward to the pictures you get with it.  I hope you can find a couple more of these boxes because they look like they are ideal for the project.  Keep us posted on the pictures.

Billy in VA

Reaction score
Well, if you are in bear country it should be great even if heavy.  Thanks for the info.  Billy

gizz

Reaction score
Nice job BigBuck! Do you have it out yet?
We all like pics here so don't be bashful when you get them. We like them of all sorts!

B

Big Buck

Hey, Thanks for the coments fellas.  I appreciate all the information and post on this site that got me interested in trying to build a cam unit.  Working on the second one now.  Gizz, I set the camera over a mineral lick on the family farm in Mississippi about 10 days ago.  We had been seeing some bucks in velvet and wanted to try to get some pictures of them.  I hope to get back to the farm this weekend to check the unit.  Will post pictures if we have some.

Thanks,

Big Buck

Top Bottom