BIGFOOT SIGHTING?

duckhunterflyfisher

Reaction score
NOT meaning to sound nutty but a friend of mine insists they saw a bigfoot and baby foot this weekend while scouting up near the Eel River. I was not a not a believer until I heard his account of this past weekend. He claims he was up on the middle fork scouting around and some strange things started happening around dusk. He had scouted most of the day and was headed back to his jeep when he heard something that sounded like wood knocking together off in the distance. Out of curiosity he went to go see what the noise was. First he thought someone may have hurt themselves and was trying to get help by making the noise... I guess he was on the backside of a ridge and came over the top of it to see about halfway down the other side a bigfoot and baby foot. He was downwind and able to glass them for a while he claims before they moved off down the ridge. This guy is born again and I dont think he is a lier so, I thought I would see if anyone else has seen anything like that up in Northern California?

ZEKEDAWG

Reaction score
No pics or anything??

I think there is a definite possibility they are out there. THere was a thread I started a while back regarding whether or not a person would shoot a bigfoot or not if they saw one. It was interesting to say the least.

duckhunterflyfisher

Reaction score
No pic, lame I know. I wish he had take a pic but like I said I guess I beleive him. At least I beleive he believes that he saw something. I guess I would take the shot if offered the opportunity. Not because I want to kill a foot but because it would be good for science to finally end the speculation?

I am thinking about heading up to where he thinks he saw something and seeing if there are any tracks.

suavegato

Reaction score
Sounds "nutty as a turd" to me... LOL he was scouting for deer? without a camera? Or did he get pics? what happened? what was the wood banging sound? did they see him? did he go to where they were if they left to look for hair, foot prints etc.? Sounds to me like someone is yanking your chain...

On a serious note however, consider the astronomical odds of creatures like that being able to live & in numbers high enough to reproduce without definitive proof of existence. With all of us who spend so many hours, days, weeks, months in the hills, with cameras etc. NO WAY someone wouldn't have gotten PROOF by now... just NO WAY! No scat, no hair, no pics, no dead bodies, non hit by car, shot mistaken for bear etc... makes for good stories & lore but c'mon...

on a lighter note, I had a guy tell me that the DFG "secretly" released grizzly into the Yolla Bolly... anyone ever see one of them up there? HE also said there were a set of old train tracks through them too? Never seen them, anyone else? That I might believe though but where?

slyck68

Reaction score
Cryptozoology (the science and study behind unexplained beings, i.e. bigfoot, loch ness monster, etc.) is a notion that captivates all of us to our very core. I am with the crowd that would love to believe in these things, yet deep down my inner detective/scientist tells me "no way". However, my stepdad has a close friend and hunting partner who claims he saw one. He is a businessman, VP of an insurance firm I believe, and a straight shooter. He is about as honest as they come...for an insurance man I guess.

Anyhow, he would always ridicule people who made these claims and was very vocal in putting down the notion that bigfoot exists. As it happens, he was hunting somewhere in Washington when he swears he saw a bigfoot. He debated telling my stepdad for weeks out of fear of not being taken seriously. Finally, he decided he would speak up. He told him that he was absolutely, 100% certain of what he saw and planned on going back there until he found the thing. I know it sounds crazy, but the guy was dead serious. He took a leave of absence from work and spent a month in Washington. He never definitively saw anything, but he was so focused on seeing it that he began to manifest glimpses of bigfoot in the shadows. He just wanted to prove it so bad that he actually got to the point where he couldn't trust his own visions anymore. He didn't know if he was seing shadows, a bear, or a bigfoot. Finally, he called it quits and came back to reality. He does not talk about it at all, but he is as adamant as ever.

The point is, I know what you mean by saying "I believe that he believes he saw something." I may not really believe in bigfoot, but a very credible source to me would swear on all that is holy that he saw one. I just love this kinda thing and I am always a sucker for these conversations. I have seen pictures of bears with severe cases of mange that look like ungodly werewolves or bigfoots! Very scary and if I wasn't told it was mange I wouldn't have known it was a bear! It's easy to write it off as a hoax when it's online, but when someone you trust is so certain of seeing bigfoot, well, it makes you wonder...

MJB

Banned
Reaction score
I have heard of the Bigfoot doing the knocking of wood before..........sounds like a good time for a walk in the woods.

ZEKEDAWG

Reaction score
QUOTE (suavegato @ Jun 23 2008, 02:37 PM) http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=1009886
On a serious note however, consider the astronomical odds of creatures like that being able to live & in numbers high enough to reproduce without definitive proof of existence. With all of us who spend so many hours, days, weeks, months in the hills, with cameras etc. NO WAY someone wouldn't have gotten PROOF by now... just NO WAY! No scat, no hair, no pics, no dead bodies, non hit by car, shot mistaken for bear etc... makes for good stories & lore but c'mon...
Well there are lots of MTN lions out there and sightings no doubt but, how many here have actually seen a lion.

Ever found a bear carcass, or a lion carcass, they exist, but not often are they found.

There is proof of these bigfoot, it is up to you where the evidence is credible or not, I guess that is the rub now isn't it.

I have a friend how found tracks near his bus stop in burnt ranch, which is only miles from where the patterson video was shot. Seems like they haven't discredited the patterson video, but no one wants to fully believe it either.

Touchy subject, if you believe, you can be considered a whack job, thats why many sightings go unreported.

Are there ufo's and aliens out there???

I can't be 100% sure either way till I see it for myself.

fixitquick79

Reaction score
QUOTE (suavegato @ Jun 23 2008, 02:37 PM)
Sounds "nutty as a turd" to me... LOL he was scouting for deer? without a camera? Or did he get pics? what happened? what was the wood banging sound? did they see him? did he go to where they were if they left to look for hair, foot prints etc.? Sounds to me like someone is yanking your chain...

on a lighter note, I had a guy tell me that the DFG "secretly" released grizzly into the Yolla Bolly... anyone ever see one of them up there? HE also said there were a set of old train tracks through them too? Never seen them, anyone else? That I might believe though but where?
A few years back I saw what had to be a grizz not in the yollas but in a back canyon a ways above Paskenta. It had to have been at least 800 lbs with the grizzly type hump and everything. All I had at the time was a disposable camera and it just came out as a little dot across the canyon. But in my 10x binos was very clear.

duckhunterflyfisher

Reaction score
Dont kill the messeger...but

He told me it scared him so bad that he bolted out of there. Said they had very human like faces, he said he was glassing them from about 200 yards away. Said they were definately primates, not bears, he had a clear view. I guess I can understand being a bit freaked out with what he estimated was a 600-700lbs animal, the mommyfoot that is, said it had boobs, or as he put it mammaries. He's a born again and doesnt use bad language. Said they were pulling apart an old fallen log, eating bugs he supposed, and banging a big branch against the log from time to time. I spent the evening tonight on the phone with him trying to get him to post his story on Jesse's but he doesnt want people to think he is a nut. I dont know what happened out there but he believes he saw something. I am going there this weekend to see if I can find anything to support his story, hair, prints, pics of the log, anything. He wont go back but told me more or less where it is. I am taking my camera, a zoom lens and my balls,,,,, maybe a side arm.

If there is any evidence out there I will find it.

mc2212

Reaction score
Suave Gato summed it up best. There are many hunters and hound dogs out in the forest these days. If bigfoot was out there, we would have proof of it by now.

bpnclark

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE (duckhunterflyfisher @ Jun 23 2008, 08:26 PM)
he doesnt want people to think he is a nut
Too late

Dont eat the mushrooms. I ate a coulpe one time and and saw Bigfoot, a fairy and a Leprechaun fishing for the Loch Ness Monster at Lake Alpine.

suavegato

Reaction score
I would have to say that this whole "born again" stuff doesn't hold much water with me either... I have known & worked with some of the biggest born again, bible thumpers you can imagine and they were also the crookedest I have ever seen! Lie right to your face and then follow it up with a god bless you... Now, don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying that religious people are liars... NOT AT ALL! Just that it doesn't exclude you from being full of it nor should it be "used" as a credibility measure. There are liars of all shapes, sizes, colors, religions, creeds etc. One thing I have found to hold true a lot however is that when someone tries to convince you that they are honest, or offers religion as proof of honesty, they probably are not. That being said, I don't know that guy from Adam (pun intended, LOL) so I'm not impugning his character, just sharing some general thoughts on the subject... My own personal opinions.

The crux of the argument in my mind is this... If someone sees something moving fast, maybe walking upright but at dusk, moving fast, a blur etc. I can totally understand how they could "think" they saw a big foot. I can understand how it could have been any number of things but to them they believe it was a big foot... I.E. they have been tricked by their eyes or really want to believe it... But there was definitely “something” they saw, they just didn’t know what it was, so they labeled it or assumed it a big foot… Just like with UFO’s… “UNIDENTIFIED” doesn’t mean alien! An unidentified animal doesn’t mean big foot… it means, you don’t know WTF you saw… Too many people jump to conclusions and want to pigeon hole labels on things… But, in this example, something was seen, just don’t know what for sure?

This guy however says he watched them eating grubs from a tree (assumably), using a tool (branch) to get at them, described human like faces and even mammary on the "mamma" foot... That's no low light, fast moving blur... that's detailed, processed information and observations... so either A) he is 100% delusional and off of his rocker. B) he’s a liar or prankster and is out right full of it or pulling someone's chain or C) it's true... I don't believe C is an option so he's either "as nutty as a turd" or full of it. JMHO YMMV. Chose to believe what you want to believe but I'll believe it when I see PROOF!

I think what has stirred this whole thing up is the current big foot bounty that is out right now... Bushnell is offering up $1,000,000.00 for “proof” of a bigfoot. So the hive has been shaken and all of this nonsense is buzzing about…

Funny how there is NEVER any good or usable footage though… think about how many trail cameras are out there. How many nature fotog’s, how many of us hunters scouring the hills with cameras in hand etc. Hell the Nat’l geographic & Discovery channels can get pictures of White sharks breeding and the Himalayan Mtn. cat hunting,two of the rarest of all species or some crap but NO ONE, ANYWHERE, HAS EVER got any irrefutable or conclusive footage, picture, hair, hide, scat, bone, body, tooth, claw anything conclusive… NOTHING! common sense has to kick in at some point and chalk it up to lore… And if Bushnell will pay a cool Mil for proof, how much more motivation would someone need… That’s a safe bet though, there money is safe!

As for the offerings of ZeekDawg re: “Well there are lots of MTN lions out there and sightings no doubt but, how many here have actually seen a lion. Ever found a bear carcass, or a lion carcass, they exist, but not often are they found.” Well, good points. These are indeed RARE finds but finds they have been… many, many times over. Not common, but at least one has been found but not a single bigfoot carcass… and yes, I have seen lions in the wild but only twice. Once 2 of them swimming across lake Shasta and one while packed into the YB wilderness… scared the crap out of me! Busted out from it’s hiding spot about 40 yards or so as we walked past. Never seen anything in my life that big move that fast, that agilely through bushes, rocks & trees… made the little air motorcycles in Star wars cruising through the trees look clumsy!

Anyway, as always, these are just MY opinions, not meant to upset anyone or start a holly war… Just my thoughts on the subjects at hand…

Makes for a good thread though, look how much time I’ve wasted on it!

suavegato

Reaction score
QUOTE (mc2212 @ Jun 23 2008, 09:28 PM)
Suave Gato summed it up best. There are many hunters and hound dogs out in the forest these days. If bigfoot was out there, we would have proof of it by now.
Esp. with the locations of these aledged sightings... It's not like they are being seen in virtually unacessable areas... Bus stops & day hikes... surely there would be some proof if they were that close to us for this long... or what about fossils even...? yet there is nothing!

suavegato

Reaction score
QUOTE (tmoniz @ Jun 23 2008, 03:29 PM)
Sorry Suave. I couldn't resist.
Hey,
If you knew me in High School you wouldn't have been that far off of the mark!
[attachment=52738:10_22bros.jpg]

Attachments

Top Bottom