Bipod for a remington 700

jim in illinois

Reaction score
I just bought a rem 700 in 223 to use this winter for coyotes.  I love the gun but it weighs almost as much as I do!!!  I need a bipod for it and figured this forum was where to post it because you guys probably use one more than anyone else.  I was looking at something adjustable to probably 24" tall atleast so I could shoot from a sitting position.(I'm 6'3" tall)  Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.  Thanks in advance.   Jim

so cal hunter

Reaction score
Hello Jim;  i am also a tall guy 6'6'' i am using a set of shooting stick's made from the fibreglass tent pole's  you can get them at wall mart 1. single tent pole is all that is needed. the one that i have has 4 steel ferrel's on 4 of the end's. you cut the pieces to13',' on the to i drilled a small hole through the top 2 pieces  about 4'' from the top and inserted a cotter pin you can use a finishing nail and bend it over to keep it from falling out stick  this is your pivot point  insert the shock cord into 1 of the pieces then  another piece and push the cord through it and so on till you have three single picecs all connected to make 1.   then do the same thing for the other 3 pieces then i put rubber cap's over the end's and some cloth camo tape on the top 4'' to help keep thing's quiet. i also used some heat shrink tubeing over the sreel ferrell's also the keep thing's quiet. i can use this set up for laying down or setting just by pulling the lower set of leg's out of the upper leg till i get the height i need i am not real good at explaining but hope this help's if you need help i will try my neighbor who has a camara and send you a pic. of these stick's i saw them on the computer but can't rember  what the web site was..  p.s. these stick's cost all of $6.00 to make and about 20 min.            so cal hunter

(Edited by so cal hunter at 8:35 pm on July 15, 2002)

Top Bottom