Bird pics from Idaho

songdog

Reaction score
Well, I lost my camera on top of one of these chukar mountains so I've only got a few from the other guys who were there but here they are...

Here's a pair of roosters that were hiding in the ditches along this farm road.

Here's Allan with Jenny the wonder dog and a nice rooster that she pointed and retreived.

These chukar came off the top of the hill in the background.  My camera with a bunch of other good pics is up there somewhere...

More chukar with Mark, the friend that we visited in ID.

And finally, the infamous banded pheasant .

Sorry, no pics of any of the grouse, quail or coyote.  They're all in that camera on top of the mountain somewhere.  One of the other guys still needs to get some film developed so there might be a few more on their way.

Already dreaming about next year's trip back to Idaho.

d trees

Reaction score
song dog great pics sorry about the camera , id be happy to help go look for it , d

Hook

Reaction score
Looks like it was a great trip. Except for loosing your camera. I'd be available to help you look for the camera also. :smile-big-blue:

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Looks like you had a great trip. I think next year I may look into something along that line. Looks like a better deal than what CA has to offer for not much more money.
   Scott

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
The heck with finding the camera, how about I just swing by your house and we head back up  there right now, I'll by you new digital camera, hint hint!

Great pics Jonathon

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
Nice pics its a shame about your camera. It just might be there next year.

Whoadog

Reaction score
 Looks like one of your friends has taste in dogs know wonder you had such a good hunt.

Brian

songdog

Reaction score
This was Jenny's second year hunting.  Last year she had a pretty tough go at it.  This year her stock went way up.  She pointed a group of chukar that we would have walked right past.  She also found countless quail that we dropped in some really thick stuff that there was little chance that we would have found on our own (not one lost bird) and she made a great point on another pheasant that we would have walked past too.

I was planning on getting a lab next year but this might change my mind.  Any comments on a lab vs. a dog like this when 90% of my bird hunting is SoCal quail or ducks?

Whoadog

Reaction score
 It is a known fact in the pointing dog world that setter bitches mature late but once they do they are great dogs.  If I wanted a pointing breed but wanted to hunt a lot of ducks I would get a wirehair german shorthair.

Brian

Thonzberry

Reaction score
songdog nice pics of your birds. Sorry to hear about your camera. Maybe your buddy could go back and try and look for it ( needle in a hey stack). Good Luck

Qbn Hunter

Reaction score
I think its what you like. Do you want that surprise of a flush of the time to walk up to a point. The few times that I have hunted wild birds behind pointers was that alot of times these wild birds don't hold. They usually flush. For me there's nothing like a well trained lab.

Top Bottom