Birtday

steve

Reaction score
Question for you Jay?What are you going to come up with this year in the duck blind to stay a step ahead of everybody now that your 40.

BigDog

Reaction score
oh, I am sure Darth will ponder that question long before season is here.

Hmmmm, lets see, did I use this last year? No, I dont think I did, so that goes on this years list......

E A Hunt

Reaction score
40 !!!!!!!

Dang Jay .  Your 13 years older than me ?  I hope I'm still alive when I turn 40 .

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Holy mackerel 40??? :eek:  How do you get that walker through the mud Jay?

Fubar

Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY          40 huh? Sorry to hear that. Downhill from here on.               Fubar

Jay

Reaction score
Well I got this new fangled motorized decoy. It's definately going to be the edge I'm looking for now that I turned 40.

Thanks Click Dog! You and your wife seemed to have a good time. Sorry I couldn't join the hunting contingent cause I had to greet everybody.

Yo Jerry D.! Do I get to use the senior lanes and benches at the refuge now that I'm over the hill?

Yo Phil! Now I'll be able to recognized without you hat and shades.

Steve, hope you met Click Dog and SpecMisser. Thanks for driving down for the bash.

(Edited by Jay at 9:39 pm on July 2, 2001)

Matt in MO

Reaction score
Dang, that is OLD! I turn 40 in August. ;-(

Will be needing a game ear.... homebrew?

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Dang!

Now I'll have to find a new disguise!  

But can I be first in line to use that new motorized decoy?  I want to run it along the dikes.  Figure it'll look like those crips I'm always chasing.  

Speaking of chasing crips...  when are we shooting clays again?  

steve

Reaction score
Jay now that he's 40 will be out fitting his new motorized decoy with an infared camera so he will not have to run down the levees looking for those crips.
Sorry didn't meet click dog and speckmisser this time.

jerry d

Reaction score
Jay,

You stay off them there benches. You got 10 more years til you're over the hill, dude.

I remember, well sorta, when I was 40. Had to walk 5 miles to the blind in the snow - with no waders -  and that was just one way. When you're a senior they'll probably have something like BART to carry you out on the refuge. I can hear it now - "All out for freelance. Next stop - assigned blinds".

Didn't have all this new fangled stuff you young whipper snappers have today either. Had to carry all my stuff out in a "gunnie" sack with a hole in it and was just glad to have one.

Had a 20 year old dog and every time we killed a duck we had to carry him out to the duck so he could retreive it for us.

Had an ol' single shot hammer gun that was held together with baleing wire and 6 shell. When we gave out of shells we'd just point the gun, go "POOOW" and hope something fell!!!

Had a hand crank "moto" that one of us had to stand out in the water and crank.

Didn't have anything for lunch but a can of sardines and 2 crackers between the 3 of us - if they didn't fall out of the hole in your sack on the way out.

Boy, them was the days!!!!!!

You young whipper snappers..............

Top Bottom