Birth Announcement

Welby

Reaction score
On Dec 20th at 8:17pm, my wife and I welcomed the arrival of our son and first child, Stetson Cole (last name withheld).  Stetson was 7lbs 14.8 oz and 21 inches long at birth.

Stetson is doing very well;  however, Susan is not.  Susan suffered a 4th degree tear and her recovery is not going well at all.  Things have been touchy from day one as she has suffered through excruciating pains, much more painful than the actual delivery.  Other symptoms have intensified her suffering and further complicated things.  We have appreciated the prayers of our fellow Christians and further ask for more.  Please remember us when you pray.

I attempted to post pictures of the little fella, but Photopoint is on the lamb for now I guess, so it will have to wait.  I am sure proud of him and can't wait to show him off.

Happy New Year to Everyone!!!

Fubar

Reaction score
Welby  Congratulations on little Stetson. Sounds like you got a keeper. Very sorry to hear about Susan. I hope she gets well soon and has a speedy recovery. I am looking forward to your pics of the future little outdoorsman.                     Fubar

gizz

Reaction score
Congratulations on the new arrival!
Hope Susan is doing better.

Possum

Reaction score
We will put Susan on our prayer list and believe for a full recovery.  Congratulations on your son.  Children are a wonderful thing.  Mine already know the key words in the Sportsman's world - "Can I go hunting with you" and "big buck".  Congratulations again.

bigmandude

Reaction score
I really like the Stetson part.. cool name,

will put Susan on the prayer list.  its always nice to have a little hunter in the family

StringShooter

Reaction score
I hope everything is going better. Give us an update when you can.

Take care
SS

jayber

Reaction score
Congrats on your young buck!  My prayers go out to you and your family, may your wife recover soon...

bmulley

Reaction score
Your wife will be in our prayers, as well.  Congradulations on the new arrival.  All will work out with God's blessing.

cedar N sandy

Reaction score
Congrats on the new arrival!!

Your family continues to be in my family's prayers....   You have a lot to look forward to my friend....  spent the last 2 days playing in the snow (rare in my neck of the woods) with my 5 year old son... they are truly gifts from God.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Congratulations Welby. Hope Susan is feeling better now and on her way to a full recovery.

Nino

Reaction score
Congratulations dad!  I've seen baby camo in the catalogs.  My prayers go out to you and your wife.

Welby

Reaction score
Thank you all for your congratulations, concern, and prayers.  It is very much appreciated.

I will keep you posted on her recovery, but as for now she is still off her feet.  Keep praying!!

kc

Reaction score
Congratulations!!! I hope your wife is doing better.

I like his birthday, too.  It's the same as mine.

Our son is 20 months old now.  That wonderful feeling you have now when you look at your son keeps getting better. Just wait until he calls you "daddy" the first time.

If you have a picture or two scanned, I'll post them if you'll e-mail them to me.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Congrats Welby!

Sounds like the only person getting any rest in your household is the baby!    :eat-burger:

I just know everything will be alright with Susan and tell her "The more you have, the easier they get" ! ! !

Congrats to all of you again

Tinhorn

Welby

Reaction score
Just wanted to give an update on Susan.

After an emergency trip to the ER late Friday night, it was discovered that the source of nearly all of Susan's suffering was an extremely impacted bile and a much more serious urinary tract infection than was first thought.  The impacted bile was a result of the high dosages of pain medications prescribed by Susan's doctor.  The doctor and head nurse later admitted that Susan's conditions were among the most extreme they'd ever witnessed of 4th degree tear patients.

After an early morning surgery on Saturday and an overnight stay for observation, Susan was released with a good report from her doctor.  The impacted bile was removed, the urinary tract infection treated, and her other injuries examined for proper healing.  The doctor said that in spite of the 4th degree tear from just over two weeks ago, her healing had begun to resemble the normal healing of an episiotomy patient given the same period of time.  Susan believes now that nearly one hundred percent of the pain she has experienced the last two weeks could be attributed to the impacted bile and urinary tract infection, not the stitches or other associated symptoms.

Susan is now at home and able to walk, hold and feed the baby, and she is feeling much, much better overall.  In addition, instead of all the high power as well as addictive (and costly) pain medications previously prescribed by her doctors, she is now able to get along with just two over-the-counter Tylenols.  Thank you God!!!

Again, we thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  Thank you so much.

Elk Bowhunter

Reaction score
I just found this post. That is good news. You are going to love all those milestones in a baby's life. The first time they do something is so cool! My first born son is almost 14 months old and it's great! I can't believe I waited so long to have kids. In fact, we are expecting our next baby (boy) the last week or so of April of this year.
I will pray for her continued recovering.

GWHunter

Reaction score
Prayer changes things and GOD is good...........ALL the time!

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Great news Webly!  I know this was tough on your family and my thoughts and prayers were with you all.  Like KC, I too have a 20 month old boy.  It sure is a great feeling to come home after a hard days work and have the young one come flying across the room and into your arms.  I just cant wait for him to want to start hunting!

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom