Black Bear

hommer

Reaction score
Heres a couple of pics I got awhile back.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        http://www.d.umn.edu/~dhomich/himages/bbear.jpg                                                                                                                  http://www.d.umn.edu/~dhomich/himages/bbear2.jpg

gizz

Reaction score
Those are some nice pics hommer. Lots of color and clarity. Personally i'm getting sick of all the black bear around my cams. They seem to be attacking more and more of them. Maybe just the time of the year?

hommer

Reaction score
Gizz                                                                                       I hav'nt had any trouble with bears attacking my cams since this summer, they would seem to hit them as soon as I put them out. Now they seem to leave them alone. I've got a couple more pics of another bigger bear I'll post as soon as I get them scanned.

gizz

Reaction score
Are you doing anything to deter them?
So far i've only gotten slight damage but getting a roll of 24 pics developed after a bear attacks is sort of like throwing your money down the drain. Don't get me wrong, i appreciate the Black Bear for what he is, i just wish he'd leave my cams alone!
Currently working on an angle iron "cage" for around my cams...protocol looks good and may be in "production" soon. I did the right thing by making a couple cams for the owner and worker at a local machine shop....they can cut and weld these things very fast once we get the perfect design.
Can't wait to see your other pics...
later,
gizz

hommer

Reaction score
Gizz                                                                                           I hav'nt done anything to deter them. they just stopped messing with my cams. just lucky I guess.I've been making my own boxes out of 080" aluminun. I hav'nt had a bear attacking one yet  but I think this box will hold up well. I have them other pics scanned and I'll post them on an other thread.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom