black pics

cjjc37

Reaction score
I have a problem with a 370 setup. It takes pics and flashes, but when you look at the pics they are black. I dont think the flash and the camera are going off at the same time. Has anybody had this problem or know what's going on. any help would be great.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
your talking a Non slave flash setup... Just the Cam itself a 370? and you see the unit trigger Cam flash, but the pics are still dark?

cjjc37

Reaction score
Yes it is a non slave flash, just the camera. You can also take the camera out and it does the same thing. black pictures. Could it be a setting or something wrong with the camera. It has been working fine for months. Dont know. thanks for any help.

bat

Reaction score
ditto! good for you pocomoke you remembered that!

bat

cjjc37

Reaction score
Thanks to all. I'll try that. I'm sure that's all it is. Helpful as always on this site.

cjjc37

Reaction score
New info. The camera takes good photo's during the day, but at night, the pics are black. The flash goes off, and it takes pictures but they are black. I think it's a timing thing.

archer55

Reaction score
Hi... some firsthand info since I'm the one in possession of cjjc37's cam (his gray-haired old dad)... It does take good pics in the daylight, so the shutter is working. At dusk / after dark the pics can't be seen. It does flash, but not sure it's in sync with the shutter. This is a homebrew cam with an Olympis 370. Is there a reset on the cam that may time it? I've tried all settings to no avail (day / cloudy / night / etc....). Any suggestions, or is it destined to be a game cam by day and an event timer by night???? Thanks for any help.

LW

Reaction score
I have one with the same problem, someone on this forum last year sent one back to Olympus and they fixed it for free saying it was a factory defect, since then I have heard of several others with the same problem, I gave mine to my daughter to play with, it takes excellent pics in daytime and even inside with the lights on but outside where the flash has nothing to bounce off of I only got 3 or 4 feet with a slave flash. It was a good excuse to buy a D-380.

bat

Reaction score
I've been searching around the net for at least an hour now on this problem. The things I ran up on indicate the shutter speed is off. I tried to find out how to adjust this on my D-380 (do not have a 370 handy) but can't figure it out unless it is the little box with a +- in it. Doing a quick search on the manual due to having to leave shortly to go somewhere. Anybody have any idea on how he could change the shutter speed to check this on the D-370. Here is one of the links I ran up on, maybe it will help. Sorry this is about the best I can come up with.
bat

http://planetanimals.com/logue/Shutr-sp.html

archer55

Reaction score
bat, thanks much for your research and time... I'll try adjusting the speed (slowing it down to pick up more light). I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again

Top Bottom