Blacktail success

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
4 of us left last week to hunt in C zone and 2 of us got decent bucks. My son shot a big 20 inch forkie and I shot a 3x4 that was really narrow but had good mass. My son hunted 3 days to get his and I shot mine on the fourth evening.

20191019_174853-1.jpg

IMG_20191018_085431.jpg

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Posting this from my phone since we do not have power.
After missing in archery season I was glad to find a decent buck with a rifle in my hands. I was hunting at around 3000 feet in some oaks when I spotted him at about 100 yards. He was facing me at an odd angle. He never moved a muscle while I tried to get a good shot. The Trophy Copper from my 7 mag broke the front shoulder as well as the off back leg. It passed above most of the intestines but below the tenderloins. More penetration than some other bullets I have used and the front shoulder was in bad shape. Not a total loss but not good.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
Super congrats to u and your son on scoring two nice bucks, thnx for sharing John......tra

P304X4

Reaction score
Congrats on filling the freeze John a bonus to quality time with your son.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
This is the first copper bullet I have retrieved from a big game animal. I have been shooting copper bullets off and on for a number of years. I changed to Trophy Copper in my 7 mag about 5 years ago and have taken about 6 animals with this bullet. All of the others were a complete pass thru. I would say from looking at the bullet I cannot expect it to do any better than it did. The back leg bone was broken and the bullet was just laying there with the broken bones. Almost no bloodshot meat in the back leg. The front shoulder was a different story. I did save some of it but less than half.

Planetcat

Reaction score
Congrats to you and your son. Nice buck! I got skunked this last weekend in b-zone. Ungodly hot and smoke filled air.

OPAH

Reaction score
Damn John Very impressive, you just keep loading them up and knocking them down.
You DA MAN

Top Bottom