• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
What is required where you hunt? Do you wear it even if you don't have to? Do you wish your state did require it? What do you like about blaze orange? What do you NOT like about blaze orange?

COHunter

Reaction score
We have to wear it on our head and body. I'm OK with the vest, but I hate wearing hats with a passion

Or/Elkster

Reaction score
In Oregon we dont have to wear any. If i have a younger kid with me i always make them wear it as for me not when i am hunting but when i am packing out an animal yes i do i put it on the animal and myself.There are alot of idiots in the woods these days and when it comes to rifle season i trust no one

subfan

Reaction score
When I was elk hunting in AZ in 2002, there was a fatal shooting with a party where the guys were not wearing orange. They got into the herd and the shooting started.

340mag

Reaction score
I HATE! HATE! HATE! BLAZE ORANGE WITH A PASSION!!!!

while I wear it when required I can,t stand wearing it, BLAZE orange is REQUIRED BY THE GAME DEPARTMENTS WHO THINK IT NECESSARY ONLY BECAUSE THERES A FEW TOTAL MORONS in the FIELD that can,t tell an ELK from a HUNTER!!!

I guess I understand WHY its used but ID still rather not wear it if it was not mandatory

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score

What are some of your reasonings for not liking to wear blaze orange? I don't mean this to be inciteful, I'm basically on a fact finding mission and would like input from both sides of the fence.

340mag

Reaction score
well first thing is the MYTH that deer can,t see color is JUST THAT a MYTH

DEER SEE COLOR FAR DIFFERANTLY THAN HUMANS THATs TRUE,
but BLAZE ORANGE appears as a SOLID color OF SOME REFLECTIVE NATURE to thier EYES even if its only a large solid light gray, (its DULL YELLOW BTW)
CAMO with it differant patterns and shades blends better
even if DEER did only see black and white BUT according to what IVE researched DEER/ELK see BLAZE as a SOLID DULL YELLOW

Ive noticed that deer spot movement far faster than they spot a motionless hunter but Ive almost always gone TOTALLY undetected when IM in complete camo, even when moving slowly, yet if you move wearing BLAZE every game animal sees you instantly, after all your a large solid color! YOU DON,T BLEND INTO SHADOWS

to QUOTE Strut&Rut

"First: Deer do not see in black & white. They have dichromatic vision, humans have trichromatic vision. That is, deer have cones that distinguish two types of colors, we have three. Both mammals have rods which work in dim/dark situations.

Second: This equates to deer cones being ~10X more sensitive to short wavelengths (blue/UV), and possessing the ability to see yellow (blue and yellow sensitive cones). Humans have basically blue, green and red cones.

Third: Unlike trichromatic mammals, dichromatic eyes only see the two colors---yellow and blue/UV---plus white/black/grey. The lack of the third type of cone equates to the inability to see the blended colors we see as humans do(such as blaze orange). "

next I hate looking like a big pumpkin in a off color santa suit

I personally don,t WANT other hunters to know where I am, I normally hunt way away from roads and trails and I don,t want some guy watching me thru a rifle scope which happens all to often when some moron spots movement because of the orange, which he would never have noticed if I was in camo!
yeah theres MORONS that shoot at movement! and they MIGHT see orange and not shoot! but anyone who fires at movement without being sure of the exact target would more than likely be stupid enought to fire even if the target is orange

notice deer see UV brightned colors FAR BETTER THAN HUMANS DO!
http://www.atsko.com/T15.html

Latest Posts

Top Bottom