BLM map-- help for carizo

bajabug

Reaction score
New to varmenting, cannot locate blm map showing carizo hunting aria. Have gone on soda lake road as far as the camp ground and saw many dirt roads going up into the hills, but is it legal to hunt up their? Maybe some of you guys can tell me what roads I can take to where i'll at least be legal and have a chance to call in a yote. Thanks in advance for your help!  

Emilio    L.A. Ca.      L                                                                                                          

Hook

Reaction score
bajabug, Welcome to Jesses.

All the of the "dirt roads" at Carrizo are open to travel and you can hunt off of them. Just take any of the roads off of Soda Lake Rd. and your are in good hunting grounds. There is a few areas that are private, but those are well marked and posted so you cannot make a mistake.

From the check station all the way to the KCL campground is good for coyotes. Make sure you park out of site and walk over the hills to make your stands. That seems to work the best. Don't forget there are ground squirrels out there also, if the coyotes are'nt cooperating. I hope this helps and also there a lot of posts below on Carrizo that you can browse through.

jmabbott888

Reaction score
I got a topo map from the BLM office in Bakersfield & it shows what is BLM & what is not. this map is dated 1991 so the blm or private land areas may not be accurate but the dirt roads marked on it are. the office is off of hwy65 & 99. if you take the 99 north to hwy 65 offramp the 1st light turn right then turn right on the 1st street & watch the right side of the road & you'l;l see the office. good luck on your next hunt

Top Bottom