Blue pheasant

Glass eye

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (brushstomper @ Apr 21 2008, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is it considered a mongolian rooster?[/b]
They call them melanistic but I'm not sure how accurate that is since they are blue/green and not black. It's a big ringneck but not as big as the mongolian.

Hendy64

Reaction score
its a cross between a ringneck and a mongolian. about 1 out of 100000 come out "black". the can come in some really cool colors. we have some that are half and half. they are a dark hunter green with a white ring around its neck. we have others that are a moca color. and we have some that are gold and green.

Birddog3

Reaction score
These birds are called Melanistic Mutant. Depending on how the light shines on it. They can look blue or purple or green. They are not that rare. You can get these from several breeders.

Hendy64

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cold1nhand @ Apr 22 2008, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Do you have some pictures of the other colors?[/b]
i dont have many good ones right now but come around our season opener again i can get pictures of all the diffrent colors. we had a hen that was black and she was a true black that had gold and white barring in her. some one bought her to be mounted so when he gets that mount back i will try and take a picture of the bird

heres a picture of a mixed bird standing next to a regular hen and a regular rooster they come in extremly dark green as well

they are 1 in every 100000 when you breed a regular ringneck to another regular ringneck. when you breed a black to a black about 3/4 of what hatches are the black color. the black roosters are extremly dominate for some reason and during breeding season they can kill alot of normal looking birds

AnewBigDaddyB

Reaction score
it also resembles what Oregon imported, planted for upland hunting in western Oregon back in the 90's, the "Szchuen" pheasant!

There are a multitude of pheasant species, but, the "ringneck" was what was imported into the "Willamette Valley" of Oregon in the 1800's by an American Navy Admiral, of which took two attempts, first one failing, second one providing the state the ability to barter with the rest of the nation for brood stock in many states!

In southwest Oregon, around the Ashland, Central Point areas of the Rouge River Valley, the ringnecks were being depleted, so, the state introduced the Szchuen!

Atwater

Purt near but not plumb
Reaction score
Hey Breck, Beautiful bird and great mount!

Advertisement

Top Bottom