Blythe Doves

QALHNTR

Reaction score
Headed about eight miles south of town to find a semi-safe area for the kids.  We had four families with SIX junior hunters.  The kids were able to shoot without the threat of "peppering" from others.  Since we weren't in our "spot", we knew the shooting would be slower but everyone still got birds.  Storms came in on Saturday night and we all had a few singles.  Sunday AM was cool and cloudy and our group took another 15 or so dove.  The only bad part was listening to my daughter's In-Sync CD about ten times in a row.  A small price to pay.

Fubar

Reaction score
QALHNTR Congratulations to you guys on your successful dove hunt. Sounds like everyone had a great time. Its great to see the kids having a great time with their parents. Thanks for posting the pics too. Those are great pics.           Fubar

Hogskin

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, great pics!  As Fubar said, it's always cool to see kids hunting with dad.

Regards,
Paul

orchardhills

Reaction score
QALHNTR
Hey way to go! Taking kids out hunting is great. I teach 6th grade and am bombarded with questions during hunting season. Every morning I have kids waiting for me at the door wondering what I got. Too bad I can't take any hunting (liability and such). As for the N'Sync CD...I feel your pain.

Congrats again,
Orchard Hills

lintongb

Reaction score
QALHNTR
Congrats on the hunt.  I think that's great.  We were in Blythe also.  My buddy took is 11 year old boy with him too.  There were 17 of us in all.  Everybody got some action but it did seem a little slower in our spot this year.  I ended up with a limit but it took right up to the end.  One of these days, when I get a chance, I'll take you up on that hike in the Brea hills.

bigtroutbane

Reaction score
Excellent QALHNTR!  Always fun to see the kids enjoy the excitement of hunting...

Sat. Morn. we were up on the MESA in Blythe at the Corner of the Orange Groves behind the power lines.  Very Slow. I shot 3 birds.  No big flocks like years before.  

There were guys standing on the edge of the trees droppin them before they even got out of cover.  Such a shame to see them fall back into the trees where no one gets a chance and you just lose the bird cause you can't find them.

Ranger even came by to tell them to move.  They packed up, the ranger left and they unpacked back to where the were.  Idiots....  

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Great pics QALHNTR. Your daughter even picks up them bloody birds too.

QALHNTR

Reaction score
She'll clean a trout or bass, but only pluck the birds.  She plucks the whole darn thing and calls 'em "punk rock" birds.
I've got lots of competition at the dinner table.

Reaction score
Dear qalhunter, sounds like you hung out with some really, really good friends. i bet you even had good eats every night!! probably steak, chicken and pizza. i think you should should let me take you on a boar trip with me and show you how to take massave hogs, but then again you sound like the kind of guy who would only take big pigs.
as always, thanks for a great hunt, looking forward to the next pheasent trip.
your ol buddy chain-dogg

QALHNTR

Reaction score
Howdy Chain doggy.  Good hearing from you.  I didn't know you shot at farm animals.  Let's do it up!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom