Bobcat with the B-mag

P304X4

Reaction score
I can picture opah driving around looking for road kill for some reason ...lol.. tra[/QUOTE said:
Only if Granny Clampit doesn't get it first!! :big-grin-aqua:

dustin ray

Reaction score
When eating bobcat it should be thoroughly cooked unlike the cougars that can be eaten raw

OPAH

Reaction score
When eating bobcat it should be thoroughly cooked unlike the cougars that can be eaten raw
Ok dustin I'll bite why the Bobcat well cooked and the xcougar raw ?

Come on Dustin don't keep us hanging Whats the Punch line ?

Last edited:

TheGDog

Reaction score
Because cooking venison thoroughly would be like cooking a good steak well done. You'd ruin it. Predators, pigs, and bears....need to be cooked thoroughly due to the risk of trichinosis.
Indeed! Such a difference when Venison is cooked just the littlest bit too long! Just like when a Ribeye is broiled just that leeeetle bit too long. There's this crucial moment where it changes from Wow... to rubbery and chewy. With the Venison, I found 1/2" thick cuts with Olive oil brush-ons with your favorite spices... cooked in Toaster Oven so you can really control the temps well... just 6 minutes each side at somewhere 'tween 250 - 300 F... and it would come out perfection! And if you got caught slippin' and left it any longer... it changes over very quickly at this certain point, and GREATLY diminishes your enjoyment of it!

Wino

Reaction score
So I skin the cat last weekend and decided to pass on the meat. It took a long time for me to defrost it enough so I could skin it. As I started to pull the skin down I noticed 2 things...the smell was off and the whole belly area had a greenish look to it. Another thing I noticed was this cat was skinny. There wasn't a lot meat.

Wino

TheGDog

Reaction score
BTW... how far away do you setup when you do your sets for Bobcat/Predators? What distances seem to work well for you?

Wino

Reaction score
Most of my sets I would say I have the caller and the decoy at 10 to 20 yards from my position. It all depends on the terrain. If I have a good line of sight in most direction of approach I will put it out a little further. If I don't. I'll put it close, set my scope to 3x and wait to be surprised as some yote comes barreling out of a bush next to me. I missed a yote 4 weeks ago that appeared out of the reeds next to me at 5 yards. I was pulling the trigger and nothing happened...because it was a muzzleloader and I forgot to pull the hammer back. By the time I got my shit together he crossed my tracks and got my scent and was running back to the safety of the reeds. I would recommend placing your decoy in a place visible to you but one that does not have anyway a yote or predator can approach without being seen especially in the last few yards. Ive missed many a shot because I thought that if I put this decoy on top of this little mound of dirt it would be more visible to the yote only to have said mound of dirt completely block my shot. Also, try to stop them before they get to the decoy. They will smell you on it and turn on a dime and run more times then not. Bobcats...all of the above just give them more time to come in.

Top Bottom