Bobwhite Quail

Pierpont

Reaction score
Anyone in So CAL know where to buy some bobwhites for dog training? I know I can get chicks or eggs online but wondering if theres somewhere closer I could buy a few adults.

cali-carnivore

Reaction score
I am not sure about your area but you can try craigslist. I have found them there before.

coff20

Reaction score
There is a guy on here who raises a bunch of gamebirds. Wildwingsgamebirds is what he goes by I think, so you might want to try emailing him or sending him a message but I don't know that I've seen him on here in a while.

jose562

Reaction score
My local feed store that is located at 17647 Lakewood Blvd in bellflower ca. is doing some clearance on the quail that they have at hand. They were asking for their jumbo quail 4.50 I was at the feed store two days ago. They had like 20 birds. (562) 531-0386 blacksmithscorner.com

cali-carnivore

Reaction score
I go there too. Wildwings is in Nuevo near perris, that's 3+ hours one way. Av birds in Lancaster would be closer and the place in bellflower is around an hour and a half. Cl may let you find somebody close or locate a local gundog club to ask. Blacksmith usually only carries courtnix.

Last edited:

jose562

Reaction score
They usually carry courtnix, but lately they have both species. If your are training a pup or a young dog. I rather use pigeons.

Pierpont

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys I think AV is going to be closest I work in Castaic so that should be a quick trip.

jbcaptain11

Reaction score
Try the Camarillo feed store get off at the exit next to the 76 or soccer fields then follow the road towards the train tracks go left then it will be on your left near the Lewis bridge or google Camarillo feed store

cali-carnivore

Reaction score
Nice to know blacksmith has bobs now. Av will also let you train your dog there on around 10 acres for free. Summer just is too hot there.

Top Bottom