Boomer Buck spotted in A zone

wmidbrook

Reaction score
Well, I had the pleasure of seeing a truly boomer A zone buck yesterday evening.

Maybe someone here has seen it since it was next to Hiway 84 on Vallecitos Nuclear Research Center grounds (about 1 or 2 miles east of 680 interchange) with about 15 other deer. He's the second biggest buck I've seen in the A-zone....biggest buck blacktail I've seen in a couple years.

As I was driving by shortly after sunset, it looked to be a 4x4, extremely tall with good mass and width past it's ears....quite a nice buck. I don't think he ranges as far as the place I have permission to hunt but it was good to see the genetic potential in the area.....got me excited for this evening's hunt...first vinyard hunt of the season with all the activities I've had going on. I'll bow hunt it mid-weeks thru rifle season

hamradiofan

Reaction score
Hey! Forget Biologic or a similar feed! Sounds like good ole' radiation may be the key.

Andy

Tree Doc

Reaction score
That explains it! Radiation does have its benefits. He didn't have three eyes did he?

BTW Hamradio, I'm reading your post while the stereo is on in my shop. That little banana actually keeps the perfect beat to Blondie's "Call Me", I started crowin' when I realized that!

wmidbrook

Reaction score
Well, I must admit it's out of selfish reasons that I want to bag that buck......

The world's first mount that GLOWS IN DARK...

BDB

Reaction score
I used to bow hunt property near the big particle accelerator in Long Island (forget the lab now) and I saw one buck there that I wouldn't shoot, funny lookng critter with a strange rack and wierd hair. No telling what that radiotion is doing

Good luck at the vinyard, stick a fatty !!!!

bubba

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Bill,

I use to watch that buck outside my office window. You should have seen the three pointer he hung out with. Only 100 acres of the 1600 is actually used. There was no chance at hunting them beast. I worked there for about a year. I miss the wildlife viewing outside my office. We also had a nice bass pond.

wmidbrook

Reaction score
Cool, kinda figured someone on here had seen it or one of it's relatives. I'm hunting a good 5 miles away from there or so. No luck yesterday evening. There's a decent 3x3 and a couple forkies. Hopefully, I'll get a crack at sticking one of them before the season ends. I'm building a permanent tree stand there pretty soon out of pallets next to a pig trail--the deer like that spot too....just got permission to do so.

But, the vitner's running around shooting squirrels with his .22 and he's also yelling at/chasing the deer out of the vinyard so the deer are starting to act pressured.

jvle95

Reaction score
Hi, just found this site, very informative. Anyway, I live in Livermore and drive 84 probably 8 times a week in the early mornings. I have seen many deer right by the plant but about a month ago as I was driving by something caught my eye. Sitting on a hill a little east of the plant I saw your target. I couldnt get a good look at the rack but I know it was taller and wider than any of the forkies I have typically seen in the area. I would bet its your buck. I was impressed. Your a lucky man to have some property to hunt so close. Im a new hunter and yet to bag my first buck but it will come in time. If you ever need an extra set of eyes or someone to help drag or dress on one of your local hunts, Im willing (email me). I hoping to learn as much as possible. Good luck to you all.

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Hey Bill,

Sounds like you're onto a hot spot at the vineyard! Good luck!

I've seen that herd over there in Livermore too, including several very nice bucks. I don't think most of them have ever seen a two-legged predator, and some of them have grown up quite nicely.

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Welcome jvle95...you'll find tons of info and a great bunch pf people here.

Good luck getiing that first buck!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom