• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

BooYah Baby! Hooked Another Pond Monster!...pic's

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Took a break for a few days, a cold front came though with erratic gusty winds. I got out yesterday for a quick sunset bass session and the bite was totally shut down.
Yesterday evening I said wtf I decided at the last minute to head out for the evening bite. I hit up one pond and no action agian I am thinking the bite is still shut down so I jump on the escoot to hit one of my go to ponds. as I am working the bank with the Booyah frog I get a hard explosive hit I set the hooks and start reeling in I am sure I have monster bass then line gets light and I end up with a 3/4 lb. Bass and the frog was tore up.
I was really confused at what just happened, I am sure I had huge bass on from the resistance and drag on my line and pole but some how like Houdini I end up with a dinker.
I have hooked so many large bass so i know when I have a big one on but yet it was a total head scratcher at what just happened.
So I walk the bank casting till I reached the end of the pond no strikes. so I work my way back and now I am at the spot agian where I just hooked the small one that I thought was a big one and I cast my frog out along the matted grass edge and I get a hard explosive hit and this bass was hard fighter for sure but I work it in and get it on the bank. I am just blown away that I hooked another pond monster and solved the mystery.
I am sure now that this lunker had grabbed the small bass I hooked earlier in the same spot but let go just as I was reeling in to the bank.
I was so happy to get this one for sure it had crushed the booyah frog on its pallet one of the hooks poked a gill so there was a little bleeding but it was fine.
I weighed and measured it and it was a solid 22" lunker trophy bass.
Man I have been slaying bucketmouth bass with the frog action the last few months, there r 3 different frogs I rotate that I get a lot of solid hits and hook ups with, the Walmart ozark brand frog gets a lot of solid action but don't last too long, then the sebile single hook frog that's gets solid hits and is solid construction and quality and then the Booyah frog its like s bass magnet u can see I hooked a few giants recently on this frog including this lunker.
What was shocking after I released the bass back in I grab my pole and the frog was off the lead clasp laying on the ground I was like what happened.
The bass had bent the clasp and it was open while I brang it in it's a good thing I didn't loose it if I gave the line any slack the frog would of came off and I would of lost that lunker with my frog stuck in its mouth how lucky I was.
Here I will let u guys try and guess agian on how much this one weighs.
Thnx 4 following my post and get out and hook one today!.....tra

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Here's the first one I hooked that the pond monster had in its mouth earlier the first time around...tra

P304X4

I'm guessing about 8.5 lb.s on the big one...I was expecting the second one to be little more than a "minnow" but it looks like a nice pan size. Where did you buy the Booyah frog? BTW I'm trying to do a little research on cotton mouths, turns out they don't do mating balls in or out of the water. If they were cotton mouths they must have been in the pond for another reason. I also found out that most moccasin bites are dry, it takes about three weeks to replenish their venom so they save it for prey. If I come across any more info I'll post it.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Yeh I got the booyah frog on a Ebay deal with the sebile single hook frog together for a great price, I know Bass Pro Shop carries them.....tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Alright part 2 of my Mother's day fishing extravaganza.
So after loosing the huge bass yesterday morning session I headed out for the sunset bite session to hook the one.
I went to one of my old ponds to work the banks with my frog and after about 30 minutes with no strikes I was ready to leave and hit another pond and decided to toss my line out one more time in the corner pocket of this pond and holy sht I get a violent strike on my booyah frog and bent my whole back trying to keep my rod tip high this lunker wanted to bury in the reeds and i was cranking my reel hard the pole was at full snapping bend position to get it on the bank without loosening it and I do.
Man I was so happy now, this one will make up for the early morning lunker I lost yesterday.
I am so Suprized my rod didn't snap under solid duress like my other poles have.
I have to say that out of all the varity of frogs I have used this Booyah frog is the best so far it gets nonstop strikes takes a licking and keeps on ticking, I have hooked many pond monsters on this one and it's still holding up great and gets great hook sets.
Well even thou these r real nice trophy bass they r still not the one I am after so my mission is not over till I get a DD on the bank in hand the I will be able to rest agian, until then thnx 4 following my post and get out and hook one today!...tra

P.s. this was is a solid 22" bass and look at the size of the lower jaw a little mega mouth on it..

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Wow it's been almost 3 weeks since I last posted here on the bass forum.
This past month the barometric pressure has been staying very high with with the humidity and dew points being extremely high with daily Thunderstorms and the bite has been the toughest I have experienced this year.
I haven't had a bite in over 2 weeks and forget what it was like to get a strike and reel a fish in how crazy is that, it did effect me mentally being skunked hard on every session.
Yesterday was no different it was Tuesday the course was closed, I waited all day to hit the ponds for the sunset session. As soon as I got to my spot it was starting to rain good but I had my waterproof jacket on and said F it I going for it and only a few minutes working the bank I get the explosive strike on the Booyah frog and set the hooks hard and it was a Monster. I forget to set my drag and the fish started burying down in the weed muck till I tightened up my drag but now it was held up in the weedbed hard I was almost braking the pole and braid set up to get it free.
I just grab the line with my hands and slowly relaxed the line a little and the bass was freeing up to the top and was able to reel it in with put loosing it, I was so lucky.
Did the happy monster bass dance took some quick pics and released it back in to fight another day. It felt great I needed that, after all I am spoiled hooking pond monsters....lol
It was Solid 22" fatty lunker fighter. Found out the course will b closed again today for maintenance so hopefully I can get out for the sunset bite and hook some quality lunkers. Thnx 4 following my post and get out and hook one today!....tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Got out for the sunset bite for some Tuesday Monster Bass fishing yesterday I took the escoot out on the gulf coarse trail. I hit up a pond I haven’t fished for months and after a couple cast with the booyah frog in this corner pocket of the pond I got an explosive hit and next thing I am trying to real in this back breaking rod busting pond monster to the bank which I did and was just blown away by its size and bucket mouth. I was so estatic once I had it in hand and next thing I hear some lady out on her backyard lanai saying “ did that come out of pond right back here” wtf r u kidding....lol we’re would she think I got it if not in the pond behind her house, in the bushes.....lol But I am always nice to my misunderstanding community neighbors and said yep and told them let’s keep this a secrete.....lol, I am going to get some stats on it and release it back in to fight another day. It was a heffty solid 23" lunker.20190917_183738.jpg20190917_183750.jpg20190918_041849.jpg20190917_183829.jpg20190917_183836.jpg20190917_183735.jpgAfter reeling in that bad girl I needed a beer and could call it a night but it was only around 6:40 pm and I still had about an hr and half till like dark sunset and still this big girl still is not the one of my size goal, yes I am spoiled hooking pond monsters like this but there r way bigger ones and that’s what keeps me out casting till I get one on the bank someday I won’t rest easy. So I jumped on the escoot and hit a couple more ponds got a handful of some smaller ones.
It was almost 7:45 and I headed back to my house parked the escoot grabbed my Sticko pole set up and walked across the street to my convenient huge pond to try and hook another pond monster, I post that story and resaults in my under my Sunset Bucketmouth thread so u want to check that out too. Thnx 4 following my post and get out and hook one today!.......tra

THE ROMAN ARCHER

So after I hooked the first Bucketmouth bass I should off ran home (Mosquitoes Attacking me...lol ) happy but decided to cast one more time out of curiosity and Bam agian I get a hit and set the hook and it doesn't budge I could tell it was big.
I can't see anything on the water because of the darkness and all of a sudden I hear massive splashes and fighting as I am trying to get this Bucketmouth to and on the bank. It was breaking water e every which way until the last 2 feet by the bank it broke water still and now I see how massive it is.
I just stopped realing and run back up the bank pulling my pole and line and drag the behemoth pond monster on the bank, omg I am speechless then I start my hooting and hollering.
I know the neighbors think I am crazy as they see me barley because of darkness on the bank snapping pics with my flash as the swamp Mosquitoes r biting the heck out of me but well worth it for this pond monster.
Unbelievable 2 back to back hits and 2 trophy lunker bass in hand.
I hook the pond Monster with one cast only after I just released the first one back in they probably rolling together just starting to cruise the banks for dinner...lol
I got greedy and still tried a few more cast thinking there's more bigger ones to b had but those sqitters were tearing me up so I had to bail and get my A$$ home.
It's just so freeking exciting to get action like that, I slept great last night but had dreams of still fishing all night too, I just can't get enough....lol.
Enjoy the pics and get out and hook one today!....tra

20191003_193511.jpg

20191003_193517.jpg

20191003_193535.jpg

20191003_193548.jpg

20191003_193405.jpg

20191003_193432.jpg

20191003_193451.jpg

20191003_193502.jpg

Top Bottom