Bow season nears

StringShooter

Reaction score
Hey Missouri bow hunters!

Just a little over 4 months away. Seems like it just ended.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 Already getting prepared!! got the cams out,taking my feeders out this weekend,maybe ill find some good stand sites.

Chairman

Reaction score
<font face=arial size=1><blockquote><hr noshade size=1>Quote: from StringShooter on 8:17 pm on May 24, 2002
Hey Missouri bow hunters!

Just a little over 4 months away<hr noshade size=1></blockquote></font>

I'm already counting down the days...  I've been watching for the does on our property to start dropping their fawns.  I've gotta have something to do until bow season....  By the time hunting season arrives, I've got the deer patterned...

No matter what time of the year, I'm always doing something that's deer and/or hunting related.  It's what keeps me going.  It's not a "sport", to me ~ it's a way of life.....

Tinhorn

Reaction score
yep, & I'm still looking for that 3 month hibernation pill to get me tru the summer heat.

Altho I put a cam out last w/e and got several pix's of deer, I won't get too excited about it till late July or August when the Horns are sprouted real good.....

I hate summer time heat tho

Tinhorn

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I took a big chunk of meat out and hung it off the ground about 2 ft,and put a cam on it,its an area that i know holds several Bobcats.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Passthru,

Another good way to attract bobcats is to "Flag" them with rabbit fur or bird feathers.  Hang it from a string so the wind swirls it etc.   They get curious and will investigate the flag.  Cats' don't have a real good sense of smell buy they do have excellent eye sight

Tinhorn

Matt in MO

Reaction score
Passthru:

A chunk o meat will be a stinking maggot pile pretty quick. Along with what Tinhorn said, I know of several successful bobcat trappers who ask me for duck wings every fall. They tie them from a string so they hang about four feet off the ground. (Traps are set underneath.)

Matt

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 yeah,as i was hanging it i figured i would more than likely get nothing but a big ol possum,but there are alot of yotes,maybe ill get lucky.we will see soon enough,i wanted to try something different.I forgot that Bobcats like to play.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom