Bow target

Orblacktail

Reaction score
What does everyone use for an all around good target? I am just getting into archery and I need to practice a lot, so I need a durable target. My friend has a morrells bag target that seems to handle pretty well. Are bags more durable than the blocks?

weekender21

Reaction score
Block targets hold up really well for field points and offer you the ability to practice with broadheads. DO NOT SHOOT A BROADHEAD AT A BAG TARGET! It's really hard to get them out, trust me. Blocks will wear out fairly fast if you hammer them with broadheads over and over again at close range. I usually get about a year out of mine and I like to shoot broadheads at them during hunts and leading up to the season.

coothunter

Reaction score
I've been shooting a bow for about a year and a half. I decided on the Block target and it has worked out really well. Not only are the arrows easy to remove and it seems to last a long time, you can change the look of what you want to shoot. I usually end my shooting with a couple of pokes at the deer vitals target just to make me feel confident and get a better feel for how precise I have to be with a bow.

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
Bag targets work great for just field point practice but if you want a target that does both field points and broadheads the Rinehart 18-1 is the only way to go.

Top Bottom