BowFishing El Centro CA today

Reaction score
I was BowFishing in El Centro today and nailed nice Carp with a long shot in a real high & steep dirt banked, “Dixie Drain Two” A recent post talked about a great Carp dog. While pulling this Carp out of the Drain, it got hung up on some nasty brush roots way down at the bottom. It was too steep & crumbly for me to go down and wrestle the Carp loose so a Good Dog would have been great to have! But after working at it from up top, I finally got Carp loose and retrieved the Carp and my arrow! Beautiful day, 105 degrees with light SW Breeze! EDAA3DB1-6E2B-44DB-9BCE-E25DC1C91DA4.jpeg D7CED8CD-98A5-4220-B8A1-6E86A2266ED8.jpeg 3D58A8D9-33F0-42EB-A7A0-4BFE8CC8A93D.jpeg

corpsmanusn24

Reaction score
I was BowFishing in El Centro today and nailed nice Carp with a long shot in a real high & steep dirt banked, “Dixie Drain Two” A recent post talked about a great Carp dog. While pulling this Carp out of the Drain, it got hung up on some nasty brush roots way down at the bottom. It was too steep & crumbly for me to go down and wrestle the Carp loose so a Good Dog would have been great to have! But after working at it from up top, I finally got Carp loose and retrieved the Carp and my arrow! Beautiful day, 105 degrees with light SW Breeze! View attachment 77896 View attachment 77897 View attachment 77898
Down here in El Centro for a detachment with the Navy. Trying to get out and bowfish this Saturday 19 Sep 2020. Any good spots?

Reaction score
Try “Rice Drain” just northeast of the Naval Air Facilty at the corner of Worthington Rd and Guillete Rd has Common Carp. Hunt “Rice Drain” from the street junction I stated and follow it north. The Drain is steep & deep and shots are long but hits are a ton of fun. Of course there is no guarantee you’ll see any to shoot but I’ve had success there. BowFishing in CA requires a Valid California Sportfishing Lic. Good luck!

corpsmanusn24

Reaction score
Thanks brother! Im from up by Fresno, just down here for training. I'll check that out tomorrow maybe, since it's not far. Tried Sunbeam lake today, just birds out there.

Top Bottom