bowtech 82nd airborne

dkhuntr25

Banned
Reaction score
anyone on here shoot one do u like it? any likes or dislikes would b appreciated

Hunt Crazy In Ca

Reaction score
I have one and love it.....no complaits at all shoots great fells great....just great all around.... and if you dont belive me ask "Daystalker" how it shoots.....LOL!!!!....guess thats why im lookin for another one to buy!....LOL!!!

sancho

Reaction score
i have shot one at the store. i didnt have the funds (i.e. wife's permission) to buy it, we had new windows coming that drained the fun money. the thing is super nice. it may be the only speed bow i like. never shot anything but single cams, so i dont know anything about the tuning. i know people that blast thru huge pigs with them. speed is nice sometimes.

i would shoot the reezen 7.0 before commiting. (i also need to decide whether to commit to a lefty bow, too) maybe my the holidays.

DAYSTALKER

Reaction score
I have one and love it.....no complaits at all shoots great fells great....just great all around.... and if you dont belive me ask "Daystalker" how it shoots.....LOL!!!!....guess thats why im lookin for another one to buy!....LOL!!!
POR FAVOR!!!!!! Here we go....lemme go get my "knee highs", cuz its getting thick!!!!

dwagoner

Reaction score
I shot HUNT CRAZY's 82nd and the only thing i didnt like is the hard draw cycle of the cams, but thats how you get 350fps ibo, you have to have an aggressive cam, other than that it was a smooth bow and very little hand shock. Just something you have to try for yourself and see how you like it, his is a 70# model so ill bet a 60# feels a bit different with the less weight, and this is compared to my dual cam hoyt fyi.

Raully

Reaction score
I love mine and will never get rid of it. The draw is not that bad if you understand your shooting a speed bow and you get used to it. I shoot mine at 64lbs so the draw is like butter and I get the same if not more speed than guys shooting 70lbs same draw length. It holds like a rock and just feels solid at full draw. I can hold the pin on the target for a long time. I've killed most of my critters with it. The short brace isn't even a factor on this bow its so forgiving and the accuracy is incredible. Just make sure the person setting it up knows what they are doing. The bow is easly tuned if you know what your doing.

dwagoner

Reaction score
I shoot mine at 64lbs so the draw is like butter and I get the same if not more speed than guys shooting 70lbs same draw length..
thats cuz you may have a lighter arrow, but with same weight arrow bow will be slower with less poundage. All depends on what weight arrow people like, personal preferance.

Raully

Reaction score
Nope the arrow weight is pretty close within a few grains. I get the speed with the shorter Brace hieght less draw length and wieght. They usually have a different bow slightly heaver arrow more brace and are pulling more pounds. If you get a chance take one of your arrows to a shop that has a speed bow. Shoot the slower bow at 70 lbs through the chrono. Then take that same arrow and shoot it through the speed bow with less draw wieght. My point is with an accurate and forgiving speed bow you can shoot less draw wieght and achieve the same if not more speed and K/E. Making your draw more comfortable. Hope that makes sense.

DAYSTALKER

Reaction score
Yo, huntcrazy...tell the boys what happened to your limbs AGAIN....go ahead TELL UM!!!!!!

dwagoner

Reaction score
Nope the arrow weight is pretty close within a few grains. I get the speed with the shorter Brace hieght less draw length and wieght. They usually have a different bow slightly heaver arrow more brace and are pulling more pounds. If you get a chance take one of your arrows to a shop that has a speed bow. Shoot the slower bow at 70 lbs through the chrono. Then take that same arrow and shoot it through the speed bow with less draw wieght. My point is with an accurate and forgiving speed bow you can shoot less draw wieght and achieve the same if not more speed and K/E. Making your draw more comfortable. Hope that makes sense.
well if your talking two different bows then that doesnt count, i read it that you said you had a 82nd and at 64lbs you got the same speed as the same bow at 70lbs.

dwagoner

Reaction score
Yo, huntcrazy...tell the boys what happened to your limbs AGAIN....go ahead TELL UM!!!!!!
OH GOD!!!! Tell me they didnt crack again????

One day hell get over that "FAN BOY" status that "im shooting a blowtech, what you got?" mentality and realize that having one that needs new limbs every year isnt worth it!! :lol bashing sign: So thats what 2 sets of limbs now and a string that blew up on you also?????

Raully

Reaction score
I guess there is some confusion. So let me clarify. I never said in any of my post "Same Bow". He asked opinions on this bow and I gave my personal opinion and hands on experience compared to other bows I have shot or my hunting buddys have shot.

Dkhunter25 Wrote " anyone on here shoot one do u like it? any likes or dislikes would b appreciated"

Now back to my point. I used to shoot a Kodiak Bow Logic, then switched to a Tribute which considered by many to be a very good bow and fast. I had to crank up the poundage on the Bow logic to get the speed of the Tribute at the same DL and arrow wieght. I never changed my arrow. Point being it benifits me in numerous ways to pull less poundage and get the same speed. I don't understand why you say it doesn't count if its two different bows. Were comparing apples to oranges not apples to apples right? He wanted an opinion on this bow and most people want a comparison. I'm in no way a Bowtech Fanboy. I have had nothing but good experiences with all the Bowtechs I have owned and would not hesitate to buy another. Never had anything break and I beat my bows in the brush and rocks when I hunt. I also hunt pretty hard for at least 6mo of the year and do 3d shoots every once in while and in between that I shoot my bow in my back yard. I would also benifit from lets say shooting a Mathews Monster at 60lbs over a Reezen at 65lbs. Make sense yet?

So Let me give you another scenario;

I went from shooting a Tribute 353gr arrow (same arrow). 27in draw length. I was getting around 265fps at 65lbs. I shoot my 82nd at 64lbs(1lb less) and at 26.5"DL (.5in shorter). So with a pound less and half inch shorter I would lose speed with the same bow. My point is I'm shooting less wieght and a more comfortable shorter DL and same arrow hitting 290fps. Thats 25fps faster using the same arrow. I'd say thats huge benifit by shooting this bow over others I have shot. Not to mention my groups have tightenend up significantly. So ask your self this. Is it easier to draw a bow at 70lbs or at 64lbs and be able to hold that pin steady at the target for a long time. Is it less tiring to shoot 100 arrows at a 3d shoot at 70lbs or at 64lbs? Some bows are also more effecient than others that are setup up with same specs and arrow. I hope that was clarified what I ment to say and if not and your ever in San Diego I can take you down to the shop and we can shoot some bows through the Chrono or range.

DAYSTALKER

Reaction score
OH GOD!!!! Tell me they didnt crack again????

One day hell get over that "FAN BOY" status that "im shooting a blowtech, what you got?" mentality and realize that having one that needs new limbs every year isnt worth it!! :lol bashing sign: So thats what 2 sets of limbs now and a string that blew up on you also?????
"2nd set of limbs", ha, he wishes....no, i believe it's his third!!!! That's why i call um "Broketech's"!!!!

Hunt Crazy In Ca

Reaction score
alright now settle down around here!!!...LOL!!!
Rally i was under the same impresion as dwag I thought you were saying your 64 pound 82 was faster then a 70 pound 82....now I see where your coming from

and as far as Gaystalker and Dfag you all can kiss this and I dont mean my ruby read lips!!!!!!!..............LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAYSTALKER

Reaction score
Huntcrazy, you better start practicing with rocks....cuz when your bow blows up on your elk hunt, you're gonna be ARSE'D out!!!! lol

biseger

Reaction score
Look who came out of the closet with dual cams Its a monster. Wonder how long till it starts having timing and limb problems.:mooning::stir pot:

dwagoner

Reaction score
"2nd set of limbs", ha, he wishes....no, i believe it's his third!!!! That's why i call um "Broketech's"!!!!
LMAO ive only heard about 2 sets and a string, LOL cmon bruce one day youll learn reliability is a factor!!

I guess there is some confusion. So let me clarify. I never said in any of my post "Same Bow". He asked opinions on this bow and I gave my personal opinion and hands on experience compared to other bows I have shot or my hunting buddys have shot.

Dkhunter25 Wrote " anyone on here shoot one do u like it? any likes or dislikes would b appreciated"

Now back to my point. I used to shoot a Kodiak Bow Logic, then switched to a Tribute which considered by many to be a very good bow and fast. I had to crank up the poundage on the Bow logic to get the speed of the Tribute at the same DL and arrow wieght. I never changed my arrow. Point being it benifits me in numerous ways to pull less poundage and get the same speed. I don't understand why you say it doesn't count if its two different bows. Were comparing apples to oranges not apples to apples right? He wanted an opinion on this bow and most people want a comparison. I'm in no way a Bowtech Fanboy. I have had nothing but good experiences with all the Bowtechs I have owned and would not hesitate to buy another. Never had anything break and I beat my bows in the brush and rocks when I hunt. I also hunt pretty hard for at least 6mo of the year and do 3d shoots every once in while and in between that I shoot my bow in my back yard. I would also benifit from lets say shooting a Mathews Monster at 60lbs over a Reezen at 65lbs. Make sense yet?

So Let me give you another scenario;

I went from shooting a Tribute 353gr arrow (same arrow). 27in draw length. I was getting around 265fps at 65lbs. I shoot my 82nd at 64lbs(1lb less) and at 26.5"DL (.5in shorter). So with a pound less and half inch shorter I would lose speed with the same bow. My point is I'm shooting less wieght and a more comfortable shorter DL and same arrow hitting 290fps. Thats 25fps faster using the same arrow. I'd say thats huge benifit by shooting this bow over others I have shot. Not to mention my groups have tightenend up significantly. So ask your self this. Is it easier to draw a bow at 70lbs or at 64lbs and be able to hold that pin steady at the target for a long time. Is it less tiring to shoot 100 arrows at a 3d shoot at 70lbs or at 64lbs? Some bows are also more effecient than others that are setup up with same specs and arrow. I hope that was clarified what I ment to say and if not and your ever in San Diego I can take you down to the shop and we can shoot some bows through the Chrono or range.
I got you now, like Hunt crazy said we were both thinking something else, RAULLY i totally agree with you about lighter poundage bows can help a shooter be more accurate, but its a feel thing for each person.

alright now settle down around here!!!...LOL!!!
Rally i was under the same impresion as dwag I thought you were saying your 64 pound 82 was faster then a 70 pound 82....now I see where your coming from

and as far as Gaystalker and Dfag you all can kiss this and I dont mean my ruby read lips!!!!!!!..............LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope your backup bow is ready for Utah!!! Wanna borrow my ROCK SOLID Hoyt????

Huntcrazy, you better start practicing with rocks....cuz when your bow blows up on your elk hunt, you're gonna be ARSE'D out!!!! lol
LMAO very true!! HEHE:skeered:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom