Bowtech

wmidbrook

Reaction score
I shot the Bowtech 101st Airborne and 82nd @ 60 lbs w/ 30" draw length yesterday....I was astounded at how far along since the Patriot the Bowtech bows have come.

I was thinking I'd be picking a S2 or DXT. The DXT was smoother on the draw given the different type of cam but I thought the 101st was better on the release, more forgiving. I didn't like the 82nd nearly as much. Great bow for sure.

I want to compare the 101st side-by-side with the Drenalin LD when they're in stock. Hoyt has a couple of bows I want to test side-by-side too....

Any others I should be looking at?

brave52000

Reaction score
My dad and I shoot the only PSE's in a shop full of Bowtech's. I've shot a wide variety of Bowtech's. While I admit they are fantastic bows, I wouldn't trade my X-Force for anything! My dad has a PSE Diablo, and I like the Guardian over it. In buying a new bow it is imperative that you shoot as many different one's as you can get your hands on, and which ever feels right, buy it. I would definitely shoot the X-Force before making a bow purchase. Don't let the 6" brace height scare you, my previous bow (PSE Vengeance) had a much higher brace height and since I got the X-Force my accuracy has actually improved!

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Definitely don't compare the DXT to one of the Airbornes. The DXT is tiny, it would make a good stand bow, but it will feel completely different than something longer. The longer ATA models will be more stable for most shooters which is why you probably felt it was more forgiving at the shot. Try the Drenalin LD for sure, that thing is smooth as butter, VERY stable and forgiving and plenty fast. My only complaint is that fat stock grip. Don't let that sway your decision though as it can be easily fixed with a belt sander or replaced with an aftermarket grip.

wmidbrook

Reaction score
Brave52000...I've got a 2001 PSE Quantum that I've sometimes been the lone PSE in seas of Mathews and Hoyts at a few 3D shoots over the years. They're a good bow so I'll include that to the list to compare.

You've got some good advise there SD like going to an aftermarket or modified grip if the overall bow action of one bow is better than another. You're right that the DSX just isn't the same class of bow as the LD or 101st. I do prefer a longer axel-to-axel bow...my old Quantum is 39".

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Definitely don't let this sway you, but I'll be real surprised if you don't fall in love with that Dren LD.

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SDHNTR @ Mar 14 2008, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Definitely don't let this sway you, but I'll be real surprised if you don't fall in love with that Dren LD.[/b]

Yep. Once I shot one I had to have one for shooting indoors. Its oh so nice. And purrty too

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Get a Apex7 and smoke those slow shooting parallel limb folks. 38"ata and super fast, but still forgiving with the 7" brace height.

Oh but it weighs what a good rifle does, so that is killer.

If I had Nate's money to burn I would get the LD, light, longer ata, and dang nice shooting.

I thought the two new Bowtechs were pretty dang rough on the let down, but the Guardian is nice.

One Track

Reaction score
I've been shooting a BowTech Tribute that is two years old. It's incredible. I shot the Airborne and it's more incredible. But, I'm not buying a new bow until mine falls apart. You can't go wrong with any of the top shelf models. I like to suggest that you would benefit by purchasing a bow that your local bow shop carries. Every shop is different. If you have a shop nearby that you enjoy visiting, throw them a bone for their great service.

dwagoner

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wmidbrook @ Mar 14 2008, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I want to compare the 101st side-by-side with the Drenalin LD when they're in stock. Hoyt has a couple of bows I want to test side-by-side too....

Any others I should be looking at?[/b]
get your hands on as many as you can for sure and find the one that you shoot best, i would definitely shoot a katera XL if you can also, then pick your fav. Shot my first mathews last year and i really like them, there very smooth shooters but i didnt get to shoot a LD though.

Sleepy

Reaction score
i was in a prediciment like yours... couldn't decide if i wanted the 82nd or go over to mathews for the drenaline... There was just something about the 82nd that i fell in love with, it felt great in my hand and i loved the way it shot. Like many have said, shoot as many as you can and which ever feels best, but it.... i can't wait for mine to come in, any day now...

wmidbrook

Reaction score
I gotta check to see if Humphry's down in American Fork has the LDs in yet....thanks for all the input. I'm still drooling over the 101st. I need to see if I have the same feelings when I see her again...lol

Top Bottom