Boy are we going to pot with this one

JustBob

Reaction score
Knight Ridder Newspapers
Orlando, Fla. A muslim woman from Winter Park, Gla., who insists on using a veil for a Florida drivers license picture can pursue her legal fight against the state, an Orange County judge ruled on Thursday.
(paraphrasing now)
In denying the state's request to dismiss the suit, Circuit Court Judge Ted Coleman allowed the challenge by Sultaana Freeman  and allowed the suit to continue.
Howard Marks a Winter Park attorney being backed by (who else) the American Civil Liberties Union, said he is confident he will be able to prove that forcing his client to uncover her face for a drivers license picture violates her deeply held religious beliefs. Freeman wears a niquab, a full-face Islamic veil that shields all except her eyes.
Freeman's attorney has suggested the state's drivers license bureau use other methods of identification such as fingerprinting or eye scanning to identify Freeman.

I can just see the cop telling her to hold out her finger so he can identify her or taking a magnifying glass to her eye. COME ON.

I was thinking about having my next picture with a bag over my head (a possiblel improvement) and looking like the unknown comic. Or maybe just give them a picture of my dog or something to put on the license since we are always together.

Anyway,
No picture-no license seems pretty plain and simple to me.

shaginator

Reaction score
Having a driver's license is not a right.

Isn't there a muslim country where women are not allowed to drive at all? How about we ship her over there?

Brad

Reaction score
I'll bet the first time she got stopped for speeding  the vail would come off!!!

JustBob

Reaction score
Imagine her going to the store and buying something on credit and the clerk asks for her i.d.. Yep same veil must be you. Or will she have to get a new picture if she changes veils?

Top Bottom