Boys of Spring

Mike C

Reaction score
What a neet background for my desk top. Great picture.

Brettski

Reaction score
I agree, great picture, those are some of the most beautiful birds my eyes have seen.

SCREWLOOSE

Banned
Reaction score
"Ike" what camera are you using? It's about time I upgrade and I'm just starting to get the info. Also if you don't mind can you ballpark you price.

Chenango Dave

Reaction score
I bet this guy here can't wait for spring. About a foot of snow below him.

But he does have a girlfriend....

Pics taken with a Nikon D-80 Digital SLR Camera.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
What do they call them red patches around their eyes? One guy's is swelled up, is that like a turkey when they get strutting and their color changes on their head? Who has researched the annals of pheasant mating habits?

grkhunter

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the exact name of the patches but yes they do swell up 'round breeding season. The courting behavior is pretty cool as well. Their tails flare out like a turkey's but they display turned to the side and slowly circle a prospective hen. I used to own a couple "pet" pheasants and would enjoy watching the rooster's breeding dance. He'd get mean as heck in the spring as well...he used to chase me around as if I was trying to creep up on him to steal his woman!

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Great pics, This guy was crowing (gobbling?) his head off. I took this picture in Montana turkey hunting. The red cheek patchs are called wattles, same as turkeys.

Attachments

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Speaking of boys of spring. Hear are some boys I took on the junior pheasant up at Lake Henshaw last saturday. They got 9 birds in the morning and we got 5 more in the afternoon after everyone had gone home. Even the old man got one. Had a great time. 2 of the kids even won shotguns at the raffle.........

Attachments

grkhunter

Reaction score
Congrats on the Junior Hunt ilovesprig.

Those are some great pics too!

Sleepy

Reaction score
The coloring on those birds look great on the white background. Very impressive pictures

gundogs

Reaction score
Great pictures and it is good to see those of us that mentor our youth along into the upland !

Latest Posts

Top Bottom