BREAKING!!! CA Gov Brown signs SB1221, bans use of hounds for bobcat & bear hunting. Senator Ted Lieu

phatdog

Words cannot express how pissed off and dissapointed i am with california.
This is a absolutley horrible time for all the hunters and sportsmen of california.

This is not the end but only the begining.
Soon they will come after bird dogs, soon they will come after all of our hunting and fishing laws...its happening, right here right now...and its pathetic.

I have a very young nephew and neice i go out chasing rabbits and other critters with, with the use of our dogs. Its sad to know they are getting they're rights to use the outdoors stripped from them at such a young and early age.

hogassin

the bear population is going to explode like the mountain lions...
I saw bones from 3 fresh deers killed last week at courtright..
soon our muledeer will be protected
then we'll have no reason to own guns....
we'll end up paying dfg to hunt the over populated bears with thier dogs after they do years of studies....

eoats

I lost track, this is JUST Bears & Bobcats.

Is the hunting of wild pigs still allowed with dogs?

-Just curious

#1Predator

I lost track, this is JUST Bears & Bobcats.

Is the hunting of wild pigs still allowed with dogs?

-Just curious
Yes.....for now. Also be aware that starting January 1, 2013, you may have to register your dog with the DFG (for a fee) and have it microchipped before it can be used to "pursue" mammals under F&G Code section 3032.

[h=6]3032.[/h] (a) As used in this section:
(1) “Bear” and “pursue” have the same meanings as defined in Section 3960.

(2) “Hound” means a dog used to pursue mammals.

(b) The commission may establish a hound tag program.

(c) If a hound tag program is established, the commission may require all of the following:
(1) That each hound be issued a license tag bearing a unique identifying number that is to be worn at all times by the hound while pursuing mammals.

(2) That all relevant local and state laws pertaining to dogs are being followed while the hound is being used to pursue mammals.
(3) That each hound be microchipped with an implanted transponder that has a unique identification code.

(4) That the owner maintain documentation showing that the hound is current on all required vaccinations and treatments for the prevention of rabies and any other disease specified by the department.
(5) That the owner report, within 24 hours of its last sighting, any hound that is lost during hunting, pursuing, or tracking activities.
(6) That the hound’s tag identification number be recorded on the hunting tag of any animal taken using the services of the hound.
(d) If a hound tag program is established, the commission may adjust the amount of the fees for the hound tag as necessary, to fully recover, but not exceed, all reasonable administrative and implementation costs of the department and the commission relating to the program.

Last edited:

Rimrock

Read #1 Predator's post carefully. (2) takes in any dog and any mammal. As written, this could conceivably effect cattle and sheep dogs.

Last edited:

#1Predator

Read #1 Predator's post carefully. (2) takes in any dog and any mammal. As written, this could conceivably effect cattle and sheep dogs.
Hmmm.....interesting take on the law. I don't think this will include stock dogs. Generally, the F&G Commission is reluctant to step on the toes of the county animal control's jurisdiction when the animals in question are not used for hunting purposes. But....you never know where this might lead.

pwdhntr

Boycott the fish and game just like they boycott us by not standing up for sound management! Let them get their own dogs and train them for depredation purposes!

Top Bottom