Brian's mods for the Yashica Kyocera EZ

FLBowhunter

Reaction score
Wow, that looks great.  Thanks a lot, I have been wanting to go digital for a while now.  How is the delay time?  Is it ok to use on a trail and not by a feeder?  Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks,  -Scott-

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
FLBH,
its about 6 seconds with a 128 meg CF card, (I think).  Probably not much good on a trail.  Would be great anywhere they will stop for a minute.  

Ive been thinking about when I build mine to add a switching Stero Jack ( a power switch for the built in PIR would be just as easy) that will disconect the built in PIR and plug in a remote PIR that could be placed up the trail a ways or pointed in another direction, allowing the camera to be directed at a point past the trigger.  Let the stero jack supply power to the remote PIR.  Using the MS20 you could just leave it in the original housing (already rainproof)  It could be done really easy, Just a plug, jack some wire and a little extra wiring time.  I'm just trying to decide if its worth it.

Cool,  I just took a look at your pics.  Somehow I just have trouble picturing Whitetails and palm trees in the same shot.  I have trouble picturing palm trees at all though.  Just goes to show you that the whitetail is one of the most versital species around.  

(Edited by ArkansasElkHunter at 8:41 pm on April 15, 2002)

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Guys,

Keep in mind the EZ takes weak night time pictures.  I am working on using a slave flash with it right now to try and improve the night time pictures.

ArkansasElkHunter,

Just think not to long ago you were just a M.E. :smile-big-blue:

I am working on something similar to what you described with the remote jack.  I haven't decided on the perfect way of doing it yet.

I don't know if I want to use RF , Infrared beam or remotes sensors on wires.  Haven't figured out the best way yet.  Jaggermax is working on this too.

(Edited by Brian at 9:15 am on April 16, 2002)

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Seems like there is a double E in geek.  Only kidding guys.  

I have never messed with electronics and I am really enjoying this stuff.  I only wish I had taken more classes in school (not that I would remember it now anyway).  It's good to challenge the mind every now and them, and this really challenges mine.  I'll just wait on you two to figure it out.

Hows that Day/Night circuit coming, Brian?

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I'm afraid it must be the dreaded Double E geek desease. Its hit an ME and is now affecting this Civil/Structural. Damn it contagous.

Butch

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
All this stuff can be very very contagious.  I remember one of the projects we did in school where we made a 100Mhz Transmitter.  You could tune your Radio in to the trasmitter and trasmit sound.  I always thought that was so cool at the time.  Especially, when it looked like crap and worked like a charm.  Never looked back after that.  Tried to build all the things they would let us.

Yep.  Very contagious.

The day/night stuff is right on track.  I just haven't had enough time to set it up outside and watch the transitions from day to night and vise versa.  I etched a board with the surface mount addressable switches and it works too.  Just have to put the finishing touches on and I believe it will work fine.

The CDS cell I am using is not exactly what I think I want to settle on but it is close.  I should be ready hopefully very soon.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom