Bringing them in

Orblacktail

Reaction score
What do you guys use or recommend for attracting blacktail in front of my camera? I always see them on the property behind mine and get one on my property every once in awhile. There are 2 big bucks that I cant seem to get. Thanks for any info

whtelk

Reaction score
Apples will do it, I stomp on some because it seems to let a lot more scent out.

ORElkBow

Reaction score
I second whtelk on apples.

I also see one more thing that really attract deer at camp is bananna peels. Don't know why but they seem to dig for those in camp as we're sleeping or waking up.

Orblacktail

Reaction score
Thanks guys I just went out and threw pieces of apple everywhere. Smashed some up too... I heard corn and alfalfa works too??? anyone have any input on that?

trapperbr549

Reaction score
Have you tried salt or minerals? Don't know about blacktails but it works well for whitetails here in Missouri. I got a recipe from the Missouri Dep't. of Conservation that call for 1 part stock salt or ice cream salt, 2 parts trace mineral salt, and 1 part di-calcium phosphate.

thehunter

Reaction score
I used corn to attact deer at the house. One large plastic cup a day will bring them in if you are using it at the house.

fishnhunt

Reaction score
Just keep it going till deer season...Mabe you could shoot a nice buck that way!!

Redneck75

Reaction score
Set a bale or two of alfalfa out and they'll eat on that for a couple weeks...don't even bother unbaling it...they'll get it and it lasts longer that way.

The absolute best thing is to drop a madrone tree in a likely spot...along a ridge-line where you know there are plenty of does around...late in the season. We usually do it a few days prior to Halloween. When those bucks are cruising for does, they love the fresh madrone for some reason. You'll keep a buck coming back to that tree every day for a couple weeks or more a lot of the time.

Orblacktail

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys. Right now I have 1 bail of alfalfa and the salt block. I left it alone for awhile, so im going to go set up the camera and see what comes up. I forgot to mention I only have 5 acres... thats why its kinda hard to get them on my property. I think one of them is the buck on the left of this pic taken last year.

Attachments

Top Bottom