Broadheads for Turkey

hronk

Reaction score
What set up should I use.  I used my Deer/Elk head (Rocky Mtn Razor) and it passed right thru him.  Played hell finding the bird.  Should I be using a stopper or washer type gadget behind the point to stop the arrow from passing thru????  Thanks for the help....hronk

hronk

Reaction score
Spectr:  Thanks a lot for the info.  I have most of the items shown and use them for Jackrabbits and Grouse.  I was invited to hunt some private land over by Clear Lake and am going opening weekend of Fishing season for 4 days.  Good time to get out of town!  My one and only hunt was on the Russion river about 7yrs ago and there were birds everywhere.  Trouble was, they were a whole lot smarter than me.  We finally saw a group with binoculars walking down a trail and I hid on the side in a clump of willows and he called from about 100yds from me.  They came into my range of view and stood there looking at the willows while my body at 3/4 draw went into convulsions.  They finally turned and I took a broadside shot and hit a bit low at 15yds.  I shouldn't have shot, but after 3 days of having birds constantly pick me up, I did.  So round 2 is in a couple of weeks and we will see what happens.....hronk

Latest Posts

Top Bottom