• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Browning Maxxus

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
If any of you guys are going to the Media Shooting day, please try out the Maxxus. I'm interested in picking this gun up and would like a review on it.

Thanks

Speckmisser

So I got to play with the Browning Maxus yesterday.

First, let's be clear that I'm NOT a fan of semi-autos for hunting, either shotguns or rifles. I've said this before in other posts, but the point is that I would normally not even mess with them at the show.

But this Maxus... well, it's hard not to like it. It fit right to me (like most Brownings do) and it swung like a dream. I started shooting clays with it, and they were breaking as soon as I pointed the gun. I've never really noticed the trigger on a shotgun before, but this one kind of stood out as being really clean.

I can't say how the Maxus would perform in the duck marsh as far as durability and reliability, but the gun I was shooting had been handed off from one shooter to the next, almost without a break for at least a half an hour. The front end was smoking hot, and I proceeded to put a box of shells through it before I handed it off to the next shooter. It never even offered to jam. I was dropping rounds into the open chamber indiscriminately, and it closed clean every time (no stovepipes).

Bottom line... it's a nice gun. If I were shopping a new semi-auto, this one would be on the list.

Speckmisser

I think most of this stuff should be coming available over the next few months... late spring and summer. Availability may be limited at first due to pre-ordering, as usually happens with these things.

The gun felt really nice. It was well balanced and fairly light, especially for a semi-auto. I don't recall the weight, but you can look that up on the Browning website.

As I said, I don't really care for semi-autos and don't shoot them often (except at things like this), and as a result, I usually don't shoot well with them. With this one, it was like an extension of my arm and I shot it exceptionally well. To me, that says a lot about the gun.

subfan

I am seriously considering getting a Maxus... The reviews have been favorable thus far. Probably sell my SOCOM 16 to finance it. Anyone actually have one and care to comment on it?

subfan

Found one after a lengthy search. BPS nor Turner's had them. Now the 10 wait begins and the SOCOM16 goes up for sale. The Maxus was the 3.5" MODB with 28" tube.

chip01

Found one after a lengthy search. BPS nor Turner's had them. Now the 10 wait begins and the SOCOM16 goes up for sale. The Maxus was the 3.5" MODB with 28" tube.

Now that you have had the Maxus for some time, whats your opinion on it. How is the recoil on it, does it feel light, has it jamed.

Im thinking of getting one but not sure yet. I ended up with a back problem and i need something light and that does not kick as hard.
thanks for any info in advance

subfan

This gun will be with me for a long time (my kids after that). Browning got it right! No problems what so ever. Light to carry, recoil seems lighter than my SBE. When I found BPS had them in stock, it was cheaper than what I paid in the OC. The 3" should be out soon. If you don't need the 3.5 thumper, go with the 3".

Top Bottom