Browning Mountain Ti

Judge

Reaction score
I will be going to Central Idaho the end of September for a combined Elk/Mule Deer/ Bear hunt. We will be hoofing it out of a base camp. Guys with previous experience in this area have advised "go light". Terrain is steep. I was planning on taking my 700BDL in 7m/m Mag with a Leupold 3.5-10x50.

I have been giving some thought ot a Browning Mountain Ti 300WSM with a Swarovski or new Leupold B&C reticle - something in the same 3-10x50 range. I am also thinking about going to a synthetic stock on the 700 to save some weight (and $).

Anyone out there with any thoughts?

3D4ME

Reaction score
Judge;

I do not know anything about the Mountain Ti, but I have the A-Bolt Composite Stalker in 300WSM and it rocks. I admit I am a Leupold and 700 ADL/BDL bigot but this Browning is sweet. I got it with the BOSS and put a Sims Recoil pad on it. It shoots just like my .308 ADL. All the recoil is straight back and no muzzle flip. The new VX-III line of scopes will be hard to beat. Swarovski is excellent glass but I think the Leupold will give it a run for the dollar. I would consider the 4.5x14x50. Same light gathering but the extra 4 power will help out with the longer shots. I shot the 150GR Winchester Ballistic Tip loads last year in the 300WSM and did not like them. I am swapping over to the new Federal 180GR Barnes Triple Shock’s this year. I have shot Barnes X-Bullets in the .308 for many years and have only recovered two of them. Both were in the 98% weight retention range. These bullets should knock down any Elk for you no problem. Just a few more options to consider. Let us know what you decide. Good Luck!!

subfan

Reaction score
Look at the Nosler Accubonds, I think you will be pleased. I was.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom