Buck Pics

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
With the fear of CWD spreading towards the midwest, this buck is making me worried.
I've never seen a deer with so much hair loss. take a look, tell me what you think?

Click here.

Heres a little closer look at his head. another question I have is how may ears can you see?

And Here.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
BW>> I've seen deer look similar here in NC. Usually in Aug/Sept time frame.

Looks to me like the standard issue ears.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
I can't tell real well from the pics. Has it been real hot there? It might be hot spots? Call your local game warden or University and ask a biologist. Maybe take the pic by and show them. Good luck I hope it isn't CWD.

(Edited by TNDEERHUNTER at 4:40 pm on July 8, 2002)

vman

Reaction score
Unless Im blind I don't see any ears. Must be frost bite.   Its also hard to tell but It just might be getting its red coat for the summer.  

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I have read nothing about hair loss in deer/elk from CWD,he could have mange??Maybe the ticks and chiggers are eating him alive and he is rubbing all the hair off trying to scratch?

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Could it be him just changing colors from the dark winter hair to the red summer hair??

I see ears but I don't see dead people.

Todd

quackmaster

Reaction score
I've seen deer like that before. Used to be a doe that bedded up in the flower bed where I lived at in Milwaukee, she looked like that. Come fall she looked "normal again.
I think I have a couple of pictures. I'll find them and send post them. She looked really funny when she was wet, all slicked down with bald spots.

gtk

Reaction score
This deer has the same hair loss.   I took this one last July.  The deer was later harvested and was completely normal.  I'm sure it's the heat and shedding that makes them look like that.  I guess they could get the "mange [sp] " too.

(Edited by gtk at 7:36 pm on July 9, 2002)

Curtiss

Reaction score
All the hair loss is maybe from to high of a power flash on him all the time. Just burning the hair off. ( LOL!! ) I have seen this on a lot of deer. If memory serves me, the game warden said that they believe it is there diet.

swampfox

Reaction score
that is definately tick infestation...i've seen it on tv

Tinhorn

Reaction score
A guy with one of my cams said he got a buck (pix) with no hair along his whole neck and side.  He said the pix shows no hair only, no sores, etc.  The Mo. Conservation is looking at the pix but i've not heard what they said yet.  He watched this deer eat apples and get his pix taken and said it acts normal (not sick)  When I get a copy, I'll post the pix if it shows the baldness pretty well.

I've never heard of bald deer tho, they get Mange?

Tinhorn

INshedpicker

Reaction score
The second buck just may be tempting come October...

Oh, and by the way, these pics are from Konica 400 film.  They look good to me!

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Nice clear pics and no flash bleed through. That's the same film i use and i think it's great. Sure can't beat the price. Mike

Good Ole Boy

Reaction score
Got my 1st roll from my 1st cam coming out this weekend hopefully. I checked it mid this week and had 4 pictures from being out 1 day. Cant wait.

Good looking pics, thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom