bucks still holding??!!

poorboy28

Reaction score
I was told by my brother-in-law this past weekend that on his way to work last week a nice 6pt. ran accross the road in front of his car. I was as surprised to hear it as he was to see it. I've heard of bucks holding late but I didn't think this late. It's almost April for heavens sake! I was just wondering what was the latest some of you guys have seen bucks still holding. (just curious) By the way, we live in south central PA very close to the maryland line. Thanks guys.

fossilman

Reaction score
All have dropped up here this year.Last year they carried till the middle of april.......(All depends on the winter they had)...

fishnhunt

Reaction score
Saw over 400 deer today and none of them had antlers.....Guess they had a really successful season last fall

las

Reaction score
Just got home from a drive. Seen a big 10 still carrying one side......1.5 hours ago.

las

Reaction score
Seen another basket 8 with right side still attached last Wednesday.

Gomer76825

Reaction score
very suprised to see a nice 10 two days ago, here in the NW hillcountry of Texas

SaberTooth

Reaction score
I also live in south central Pa.. Not far from the Mason Dixon line.
A few years back i saw a tall 4 point still holding,in the 3rd week of May.
I watched intently with each leap and bound,as the Buck took flight across the field in front of me.
I kept thinking one of tho's antlers surely must be lose enough to pop off.
But after dashing over 100 yards i could still see both antlers firmly attached as he melted into the treeline.

Advertisement

Top Bottom