Buffalo Hunt

Reddeyez

Thanks for the comments, It wasn't a difficult hunt at all since it was on the Big Horn Ranch, but got pretty intense there for a lil bit. We got to the bottom of the hills and seen him up close he was massive, I believe ended up weighing about 1700lbs. Right when we got a perfect line of sight to take a shot it decided to run up the backside of the mountain, so we had to spook it down so we can get the clear shot again. Once it came down I had the perfect shot, I took it it was a clean hit with a .300 mag but didn't even budge it, it turned and looked right at us we were probably about 50 yards away with nothing in between us. Before it had time to decide to charge we ran to the side of the hill to another good spot took another and hit the heart we could see the blood pumping from the wound. One more shot it started to get flimsy, I was out of ammo in the gun so my boy took two more shots out of his .270 mag and it finally dropped. Man talk about a rush. Oh yeah it was fun trying to get it back up the hills too.

upperEA

Kinda wild to think the Indians of before smoked them monsters with a williow bow and cedar stick...

How much meat you figure you got from him? I love that stuff it is far and above the best meat out there!!!

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Sounds like the largest cost factor isn't the hunt, but he ammo you'll need! Great Buff!

Reddeyez

QUOTE (upperEA @ Dec 12 2008, 12:59 PM)
Kinda wild to think the Indians of before smoked them monsters with a williow bow and cedar stick...

How much meat you figure you got from him? I love that stuff it is far and above the best meat out there!!!
Yeah thats what I been thinking. Im not sure how much meat yet, yea buff. meat is real good.

Reddeyez

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ltdann @ Dec 16 2008, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Reddeyez @ Dec 16 2008, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MJB @ Dec 12 2008, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How much was the hunt?[/b]
Actually I forgot how much it was, but wasn't badly priced well worth it though.
[/b][/quote]

But is was Big Horn Canyon Ranch?
[/b][/quote]

Yeah thats what it is, my bad I forgot the canyon.

ltdann

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Reddeyez @ Dec 16 2008, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ltdann @ Dec 16 2008, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Reddeyez @ Dec 16 2008, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually I forgot how much it was, but wasn't badly priced well worth it though.
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

How long were you on the waiting list? Sounds like something I'd like to do in the future.

Did they field dress it for you and help you get it out of there? Jeez, that guy looks like he's pushing 1000 pds.

Reddeyez

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ltdann @ Dec 19 2008, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Reddeyez @ Dec 16 2008, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

How long were you on the waiting list? Sounds like something I'd like to do in the future.

Did they field dress it for you and help you get it out of there? Jeez, that guy looks like he's pushing 1000 pds.
[/b][/quote]

I wasn't on a waiting list, hes a friend so I just requested it and he called when he found one to bring in. The crazy thing is, the Buff killed a person where ever it was before. Im sure if your interested you could give them a call and see if they can locate you one. Yeah they dressed it for me. you should of seen the insides of it, they were massive and the heart was as big as my head. Yeah they got it out took a total of 2 trucks, 6 people and a quad to get it out.. I know when it was shipped over it weighed at least 1700 pounds. I just got my meat yesterday from the butcher a total of 848 pounds. Ill add more pics of it being hung to dress and us tryin to get it out.

ltdann

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Reddeyez @ Dec 19 2008, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ltdann @ Dec 19 2008, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Reddeyez @ Dec 16 2008, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I wasn't on a waiting list, hes a friend so I just requested it and he called when he found one to bring in. The crazy thing is, the Buff killed a person where ever it was before. Im sure if your interested you could give them a call and see if they can locate you one. Yeah they dressed it for me. you should of seen the insides of it, they were massive and the heart was as big as my head. Yeah they got it out took a total of 2 trucks, 6 people and a quad to get it out.. I know when it was shipped over it weighed at least 1700 pounds. I just got my meat yesterday from the butcher a total of 848 pounds. Ill add more pics of it being hung to dress and us tryin to get it out.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I did call and the price is about right. He said he'd put me on a list. I would not have guessed 1700 pds though. 848 pounds of man killer, huh? Which butcher did you use and what did he charge? I normally process my own game but I think I'm out of my depth on something that big. I'm not that far down the road from the place and REALLLY thinking hard on this.

Top Bottom