Buffalo meat hunt, CA. or Oregon

boarhunter67

Banned
Reaction score
Jeff (boarfighter) no longer is able to guide. There are still a couple of hunts I know of for meat and trophy hunts. If Twissleman's offers one you may want to check with Ole Boys to find out. Mike Berry still offers some bison hunts along with Asian water buffalo, I think. He just leased a new property off of Rancheria that has a lot of pig and bobcat on it. I've just been told this. I haven't seen the property, but I have seen other pigs and bison from hunts he guided.

SoJo

Reaction score
I just got this in my email:

Hello Bruce -
(This section edited out-no applicable to thread)
I also wanted to let you know we are running a special for a 2-Day Fully Mature Bull - American Bison Hunt for $3,500.00 (there are only 3 of these packages available).

Currently we are offering a "Special Bonus" if you schedule a 1 1/2 or 2-Day Hunting Package with us, and time permits, you can do some Quail Hunting at no additional cost.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, or if there is anything I can assist you with. Have a great day!
Kind Regards,
Cynthia MacQuarrie
Hunt Coordinator
[email protected]
Native Hunt Enterprises, Inc.
5669 Snell Ave., #357
San Jose, CA 95123
Phone: 888-HUNT-321
Cell: 408-892-8442
Fax: 408-848-9735

If you can, go to Utah or Colorado. They have plenty of hunts at a variety of prices (based on size & gender) plus they have the purest N.A. bison strain in existence (97%). That's about as pure as you can get these days. Forget hunting Cowffalo. Boo! Some hunts are 50-60% bison. Not the same critter. Always ask about the bison's DNA. And stay the hell away from Arizona's Kaibob buffs. Mostly experimental models there.

BTW...if you are gonna shoot a big bull then you do NOT want to do a "herd shoot" because all the other buffs will attack your fallen bison and turn it into mincemeat by ramming it repeatedly. They sometimes do this for over an hour. Apparently bison hold a grudge and get even with the dominant male when he goes down-payback is a biach. It can be ugly.
This is odd...I used to work with a Cynthia MacQuarrie in high-tech quite a while ago. I didn't know she or her husband were doing these hunts...I'll have to check it out.

As a side note, I did get an invite to go bison hunting with a buddy of mine to a place in Lincoln, Ca and the price seemed to be around $1400...that price might have been due to a larger group discount (8+ppl).

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
well

That email had just arrived before i posted it so they are actively marketing these hunts. As to the price, I've seen hunts starting at $900 (cow meat hunts) to $1500 for smaller bulls. Start pushing a ton and the price goes 3-4K. Find out what you get for the money first. Size, sex and bloodline purity.

SoJo

Reaction score
That email had just arrived before i posted it so they are actively marketing these hunts. As to the price, I've seen hunts starting at $900 (cow meat hunts) to $1500 for smaller bulls. Start pushing a ton and the price goes 3-4K. Find out what you get for the money first. Size, sex and bloodline purity.
So I pinged Cynthia and she was a person I once worked with 15yrs ago. She sent me there material for their guided hunts. On the high-end of things, but the information looks like they are geared that way with all the extras they provide.

Urge2Hunt

JHO Sponsor
Reaction score
Meat and Trophy Buffalo hunts in NorCal

If anyone is interested in buffalo hunts in Northern California, we have an excellent ranch (not pasture land) for both meat and trophy hunts. These are one day hunts on private property in hill country and is fully guided and includes delivery of meat to local butcher or quartered for you to drive home. Winter is the best time for thick hides. Prices range from $2,995 (2-3 year old, 800-1,000 lbs) to $4,995 (8+ year old trophy bull, 1,800-2,200 lbs). Wild pig hunts can be added too. Let me know if you have questions
Serge
415-706-1204

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
FYI: Calif. bison hunts appear to cost nearly double those offered in Utah & Colorado. If there's four of you I would negotiate a group rate not only with the ranch but with the taxidermist and meat processor. Also, when skinning it is vital you leave the fat untouched as an uncompromised fat layer will enable longer curing (hanging) which makes for superior table fare. Make sure your bison is well fed and not lean. Their meat is very lean to begin with.

ram1z

Reaction score
Buffalo hunt

Looks like Native hunt enterprises doesn't offer Buffalo/Bison any longer. Anyone have other options to share?
BTW I did the hunt 2 years ago and the meat was awesome- hence the inquiry on another hunt.

boarhunter67

Banned
Reaction score
bitterwateroutfitters.com They have American bison hunts and Asian waterbuffalo hunts. Meat and trophy for both. I was lucky enough to have some clients give me some meat from a recent hunt for the Asian water buffalo hunt. It was good. The meat hunts are much better tasting than the trophy steaks though.

zolt

Reaction score
I have hunted with Bitterwater Outfitters. One cow Bison.

June 4, 2013 I will hunt Asian Water Buffalo with them.

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Since this old thread started, the cost of raising bison has doubled and a bull that used to cost $3500. now costs $6500. Thanks Obama.

KTKT70

Reaction score
2 Day 2-3 Year Old Cow Buffalo Hunt: $1,975
2 Day 4 Year+ Cow Hunt: $2500
2 Day Trophy Bull Hunt: $3,000 - $5,000........................ these are the rates at Bitterwater. I have not been to this ranch but been told many good things. Bring your fishing pole also. They have a trout pond.

Where's Bruce?

Reaction score
Bitterwater, home of the Pygmy Bull Bison. I have never seen smaller bulls on a hunting site: http://www.bitterwateroutfitters.com/photo-gallery/?gallery=4

Those are far from mature. This is a 6.5 yr old bull, nearly twice the size of the bitterwater bulls. This is a major consideration for those wanting to fill the freezer. Compare the cost to the weight to determine whether it is a bargain or baby bull.

IMGP2079.jpg

Top Bottom