Build you own GPS Antenna

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I ran across this and though maybe one or two of you might want to give it a whirl.  I haven't done anything except give a couple of the instructions a peek.  Let the board know how you make out if you give it a try.

http://www.helenav.nl/antlinks.htm

ToddP

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Thanx a million Todd

I have been looking for a site that gives info on building an antenna but only found one.....

Know what'd be neat is to build an external antenna to pin on our hats, that way we could leave the gps "ON" but in a pocket!

I'll look at these links in detail later when I have more time

Tinhorn

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I saw a guy hiking once in the mountains who had his GPS in his pocket and had rigged up an external antenna out of his backpack. At first I just thought he was one of the "Tin Foil Hat" people. After looking at it for a minute or two I got curious enough to ask him about it. He said it did help him when he was in poor coverage areas like steep canyons and thick tree canopy.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
What I was thinking was the "Track" mode, you know, the screen that shows how you wandered around, zig/zagging and probably even crossed your own trail without even knowing about it

Or am I the only one that gets lost and does things like that!!!!!!           :eat-burger:

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom