Bull moose pics

davered1

Reaction score
got these pics om latest roll of film.

Goes to show that EVERY animal will stop by and check out the <font size="4">FISH OIL!!!!:fart 2:</font>

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Dave Where does a guy get fish oil.  Baiting bears is leagle this fall on public land and I am lining up some property to hunt.  In the past be fore It was legal we have taken 1lb bass and tied a string 3 feet long in their mouth.  Let the age for three days in the july sun, tripple ziplock them and into the freezer.   Out in november and use monofillament to hoist them to the top of an oak tree.(best to get them ther still frozen)  takes then a while to get them down.  Of cousre for educational purposes only,but you can sure tell if there anywhere around.

Idaelk

Reaction score
Nice pics , your neck of the woods is looking better all the time! Do you have many Elk up there?

ShearMadness

Reaction score
Arkansas elk hunter, did you want to make it or buy it ?

To make it, get a wide mouth jar, a balloon, and 3 feet of tubing (3/8 inch would be fine). Fill the jar 3/4 with fish. Put a hole in the cap and put the tubing in it and put the balloon on the other end of the tubing. The balloon is for the expansion of gases without bugs getting in there. Crack the cap open daily to let some of the gas out. Keep it in the shade and the oil will rise to the top. Skim or pour off what you need.

OR you can get it at http://snareone.com/
OR any trapping supplier or fishing store should have it.

davered1

Reaction score
AEH,

Take those fish and throw them in a gallon jarfill it up with fish then fill with water, put a piece of glass over the top to allow gases to escape and keep the flies out.place a rock on top ofthe glass so wind can't blow it off(or cats).

Place this jug and the 3 others you make on your roof and leave it there through july,august and some of september. then remove glass and pour CAREFULLY into dish soap containers.

take all the bones out and put in a bag,along with that other GREY BROWN CRAP. put the bones and stuff anywhere you want to have the bears come and pour about 100ml of the <font size="4">JUICE</font> in one spot on ground. spray some about 5' off the ground in trees to let the wind take it to the bears.

WORKS GREAT

IDAELK,

We literally had over 35,000 elk here(just in the KOOTENAYS) in the late 80's. Our government handed out 12,000 cow/calf tags for 5 years running.add those tags up with a 90% + success rate and that will tell you how many we have now!!

We still have around 15,000 but that is because it was just about shut down completly for the last 8 years(6 point and better ) with a 4 week season.

They have come back rather well but I get pretty pissed every time I think back to the 80's (of course I was to young to know how good I had it then).We can still buy a tag over the counter to hunt them but I haven't killed one in5 years,6 points is a pretty good animal and they took a beating the first 3 years of this!!

Idaelk

Reaction score
Davered1, that is so typical of game management their always so sure they are doing the right thing ie.selling lots of permits, till the population crashes. Looks like the bears are plentiful there. I would love to visit Canada again it's Gods country!

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Ok guys when ya'll start making this FISH OIL stuff.  I want to be as far away as possible.  I just think my wife gives me heck about stuff I do now. Can you imagine if I tried this around the house. :fart:

BTW, Excellent pictures as always.  I wouldn't know how to act if I lived up there.

jayber

Reaction score
Great pics once again Dave!  Are those from you D-370?  They look really clear.

Count me out on the fish oil making too!!  HaHa

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
My wife gets kind of bold trying new recipes but that one may be pushing the limit.  Three months on the roof.  I'm not real sure why you are calling it Fish Oil,  Oily it may be but that has got to be come nasty stuff.  Will the commercial stuff be as potent as the stuff you make.  Is the comercial stuff filtered.     No wonder the bears like it so much.  

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
He looks like his eyebrows need trimmed.

Great pics.
Todd

ShearMadness

Reaction score
Actually the smell isn't too bad. The commercial stuff is filtered and is better since you don't have to do it yourself. Check out http://www.nationaltrappers.com and go under businesses and there are a couple of mail order places to get it.

Top Bottom