Bumps on back

pbrdog

Reaction score
I have a 6 month old Weimaraner and recently he's developed bumps on his back. It's not insect bites. i think it may be a type of allergy or something. It doesn't seem to itch. Has anyone else had any situations like this? If so, what is it an what did you put on it?
Joel

Mt Goat

Reaction score
Weimys are prone to allergys. They are also prone to get little fatty cyst's. If its a cyst it will stay unless you have them removed. It wont hurt the dog to leave them. The Weimy I had, had one higher up on her back leg. It started really small and grew to a pretty good size bump, about the size of my thumb. I just left it alone and she never had any problems from it.

Larry

ghrousseau

Reaction score
Check with your vet. My Vizsla female had similar bumps........usually in the summer time up until she was about 3 yrs. We would just give her benadryl ??sp to treat the itching. It might be food allergy also...............ie wheat?? Nothing too unusual...........but check with the Vet.

Good Luck!!

Huntndogs

Reaction score
The Vizsla I had also got those bumps. He looked like the large bubble wrap. They waent away after a few days. We assumed it was from a bee sting since he always ate bee's....

pietromarc

Reaction score
I have seen it, and it’s an allergic reaction, but I believe its external.

My In-laws Cocker Spaniel got sprayed by a skunk, and my father-inlaw thought it was a good idea to spray the dog with Frebreez the detergent.

Top Bottom