Bunnies in SoCal

StephTurner

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I'm going to be visiting my boyfriend in LA next weekend and was thinking about bringing down my shotgun. I've never hunted anything other than rabbits so I think I'd better just stick with the bunnies. Are there any places in the Los Angeles area? Doesn't have to be great hunting, just looking for a place I can enjoy a nice walk with my gun. Also planning on introducing 2 of my friends to shooting. Any shotgun ranges or legal public areas where I can shoot hand thrown clays? You can either respond in the forum or email me. One other question. How do you cook jack rabbits. Last time I came home with 2 cottontails and a jackrabbit and while the cottontails were delicious, the jack was so rubbery I ended up throwing it out.

Thanks a bunch,
Steph :)

skeeter

Reaction score
I don't know about cottontails, but I used to live in LA and there was a nice shooting range open to the public out on the edge of the Angeles National Forest near Sunland/Tujunga.  They had a few hand-cocking clay throwers, as well as a rifle and pistol range. Their number is (818) 899-2255. Moore and Moore Sporting Clays is up there as well, if you are looking for more of a challenge.  Their number is (818) 890-4788. Skeeter

Top Bottom