Bunny season coming up July 1 2020. Who's going out? Who's waiting till it cools off in the fall?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Bunny season coming up July 1 2020. Who's going out? Who's waiting till it cools off in the fall?

Desert cottontail near Redlands CA from a Browning Strike Force game cam

desert_cottontail_rside_edit.jpg

sportyg

Reaction score
will be out for coyotes but going to wait on rabbits.

WrstQuailHntr

Reaction score
My son just finished his hunter ed course, got him a license, and purchased a Ruger 10/22. Other than finding non-lead .22 ammo we are ready to get out there!

judas530

Reaction score
Im right there with WrstQuailHntr. Son just got his first Belated hunting licence so we will be heading out before first light on July 1st to get a Cottontail or 2. Will be hunting shotgun only area so we will be using a pair of Mossberg 500 20 gauges.

Archer82

Reaction score
Hi, im from the san gabriel valley area and i just went on my first scouting trip out in the desert. I found a few rabbits so i plan on going opening day with my bow. Im gonna try two different blunt tips snd see how well they hold up to each other.

judas530

Reaction score
Well we went out this morning and saw 6 or seven Cottontails a few does and a bunch of Quail but the rabbits either gave us less than a second to mount and shoot before they disappeared into the brush or saw us coming from too far off.
So nothing in the pot this time out but the boy got to see a few rabbits and showed excellent gun safety, learned a bit about game sign and how to distinguish different scat and tracks and cant wait to go out quail hunting later this year. He also got a kick out of hearing his dad holler obscenities at a rabbit that dashed into cover before I could get my gun up.
All in all a great day and the kid had a great time. When we got home we deticked and he ate a huge meal took a bath and slept the rest of the afternoon. Poor kids in better shape than me but was flat tuckered out. Great experience for both of us.

Top Bottom