Bunny season coming up July 1 2020. Who's going out? Who's waiting till it cools off in the fall?

Richmonder

Reaction score
Went out to Grizzly Island this morning hoping to try out the grilled rabbit recipe, but had no luck.
I started out from Lot 7 shortly after 6am and walked a total of just shy of 10 miles according to my GPS. Although I didn't see a rabbit, it was still a good morning hike. I got to see cow elk with their calves, an otter, and the craziest thing i've seen a coyote do. After spotting it about 100 yds away, I knelt behind some brush to try to get a picture of it. Well, it got up on its hind legs and started hopping up and down like a kangaroo, as if trying to peer over the brush to make sure of my location. By the time I had taken my camera out of my bag, it scampered away all while looking back at me barking and yelping.
Also picked up 7 deflated mylar balloons along the way ... is Grizzly Island like the Sargaso Sea of balloons or something?

DSCN5298 - Copy.JPG

judas530

Reaction score
Thats awsome Richmonder. Ive only seen elk from the road, never while out in the countryside. That would be neat to see. Hope you have better luck next time but that does sound like a great day regardless.

Deluded

Reaction score
I've never Sous Vide a rabbit, but I bet it would work like a charm. Cooks wild pig with zero worries about parasites and it got my wife a new kitchen tool so she is that much more interested in preparing wild game.

Can't find a public land pig lately to save my life, but guaranteed I'm bringing some rabbits home with my bow this weekend! Stay safe friends.

Richmonder

Reaction score
Went out to Grizzly Island for an evening hunt after work today. I see a few rabbits over the course of 2 hours, but most would run off and jump into the thick brush before I could get any closer than 50 yards. I did manage to get a shot off at two that offered a closer shot, but missed both :( . Still, had a great time and even got to see and hear a huge bull elk bugling!

elk.jpg

rabbit hiding in the grass
rabbit.jpg

Top Bottom