Bush "Envious" Of Soldiers

chuam

Reaction score
President Bush let his inner adventurer out while discussing the state of the war in Afghanistan with military and civilian personnel. While those in Afghanistan detailed the logistical and diplomatic problems via teleconference, the President took a much more whimsical approach to their mission. Via Reuters:

"I must say, I'm a little envious," Bush said. "If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed."

"It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks," Bush said.

link

Didn't he have his chance in the '60s but decided the ANG was a better place?

easymoney

Reaction score
Scrapping the bottom of the barrel looking for trash, aren't we?

chuckslayer

Reaction score
Oh Chaum;

Are you still sawing at that old tree ? The problem is, you and Huffington are both basing your premise on an untruth;
because Pres Bush did serve in the NG, piloting an fighter aircraft, which required gret skill and even courage, considering that it was the F-102, popularly called "the widow maker"...
...But since you insist that his NG service isn't enough for your satisfaction, as it is for this veteran and millions of others..
Please take this opportunity to list the glorious military careers of the following leading Democrats:
1) Micheal Dukakis
2) William Jefferson Clinton
3) John Edwards
4) Hillary Rodham Clinton
5) Barak Hussein Obama

Just one or two lines for each would suffice...

Chaum;
I am a veteran, an old man, and I am sure you or any other liberal will have trouble grasping the idea...but I wish I could be serving beside my grandson, nephew and many of my friends and neighbors who are fighting the forces of anti-freedom in the mideast !

Chaum, I was proud to be an Army tanker, what was your contribution to our military, what was your MOS...or are you just a "free rider" ...or a "hitchhiker" on the freedoms won and preserved by men (and women) that are much better and braver than you ?

Before you try to belittle the service of a man like the President, who did serve..you must needs clean the smirk off your face ....
that DID NOT serve.

Again: just a couple lines telling us of the military experience of the above Democrats will do..

...Want to bet we won't get them guys ?

easymoney

Reaction score
And chuck don't forget two of the loudest liberals in office today, John Kerry and Teddy Kennedy who either did not serve or did things against our military in a time of war which would be deemed treasonous...

chuckslayer

Reaction score
OHHH Yes..Teddy..the hero of Dyke Street bridge ! ...And john Kerry, self-confessed perpetrator of "war crimes" !

..And the swift boat vets said...speak for yourself, John !

macktruckturner

Reaction score
Try not to forget about his Silver Star with V-device - since you know, that's authorized...

For the record, what the POTUS said, isn't too far off for a good number of combat arms personnel. I suppose you have to have "seen the elephant" to understand.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom