Bushnell Yardage Pro 800 on sale

BradCa

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I just picked up a Bushnell Yardage Pro 800 on sale for $249.88 at Bass Pro Shops (basspro.com).  The add on their web site says the sale ends on 8/25/02.  I've been shopping around for quite a while and I think that's a pretty good price.  I got it for my upcoming antelope hunt in the Likely Tables area of northern CA.  I'll let you know how it works.

BradCa

Reaction score
It worked great! The size is nice and compact. You can use one hand if you like and it fit nicely into a pocket in my fanny pack and in a pocket in my pants. It seems to be very accurate. While practicing at the range it was on the money out to 600 yards. I'm glad I got a model that would range out fairly far because even though I wouldn't shoot that far, it was nice to know that an animal was at, say 500 yards.

DKScott

Banned
Reaction score
Not to burst your bubble with your new toy (I have the 600 and love it), but these goats aren't necessarily a long-range proposition. I hunted Likely Tables a couple years ago and took my buck at 80 yards. I had previously passed on a buck at 125 yards. 10 minutes after I arrived on opening day, I had two decent bucks stroll by within 20 yards - both them and me right out in the open - and could have taken them at any time over the next 15 minutes at ranges of 20 to about 200 yards. I was waiting for my buddy to arrive and figured if these things are that easy, then no hurry. Bad decision by the way. When you see a good buck, take it. I was looking for a trophy and ended up hunting all week, taking a goat in the last hour of the last day, that was similar in size to the bigger of the two I saw the first day. I could have gone fishing. Doh!

Enjoy your hunt. That was my first (and so far only) antelope hunt and I loved it!

Come to think of it, I guess I used the rangefinder quite a bit after all.

Top Bottom