Busnell's yardage pro scout

Mel Carter

Reaction score
I read a previous post regarding this rangefinder, it mentioned that it will only range deer sized game out to 300 yards. It advertises that it will read reflective targets to 700 yards and noreflective targets to 570 yards. I'm looking for a rangefinder that will range deer sized game out to 400 yards, I like the size of the scout but if it will only go to 300 yards on deer I may consider something else, what other rangefinder do you recommend for readings out to 400 yards on deer? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks, Mel

wildlifedesigner

Reaction score
The bushnell Compact 800 ranges deer out to 475 Yards according to the chart in my Redhead catalog. The price is dropping on this model and I believe has been discontinued.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
I would go with the compact 800 model, I think the scout is more for bowhunting, or taking ranges on game that isn't that far out. The scout is nice and compact, but the other "compact" models aren't all that large either. Not sure about the 800 being discontinued, but the one I have, the yardage pro 600 has been discontinued.

gizz

Reaction score
Hi Mel,
I have a YP Scout and found it worked extremely well while I was out in Colorado for Elk in October. I was able to range Elk out to 360 yards (don't know if it would've gone out any further). I also ranged out to 560 yards on a very large rock(well, boulder) that was "near" an Elk. It's a nice rangefinder but the 800 or 1000 will probably do you a little better for what your looking for. You sacrafice small size for distance from what I can tell.
You may want to check out the Leica's, I've heard good things about them as well...
Good Luck!
gizz

yotegetter

Reaction score
I was going to with the scout, but you all have me a little unsure of it now. If it goes out to 570 yds. it would do for me non-reflective targets. Anyone else have any input?

verminator

Reaction score
Hi Mel,

I have a Leica and more recently a Scout. The Leica
has great optics but I prefer the Scout (can't tell you why!). I only need to range vermin to 200Yards - but found that I could range a sheep to about 380Yards. I know, I know it's a sheep but it was only a quick test.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom