Buying stuff

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Are we ever done with upgrading or replacing our hunting and fishing equipment? I know guys who own one or two guns and a couple of fishing rods and basically never upgrade. I may not buy another gun but then again I might. I buy one or two rods or reels per year as well as new lures every year. I have a friend who golfs and never buys new rods but will always buy the newest clubs or golf balls. Different opinions on what is important or what you like to do. I don't go crazy with the cost of the items but I do buy better (or more expensive) rods and reels now than I used to. Same with scopes or binoculars. I did buy Swarovski binoculars a few years ago so I won't be upgrading those. I even tend to buy premium rifle ammo if my gun will shoot it. For some of us we will probably be looking to upgrade equipment as long as we are active in the sport.

sportyg

Reaction score
I just upgraded my predator call, still want to buy 3 more guns and some new camo due to adding weight lol, a new tent and a few other things. As for fishing gear all ready have eight poles w/reels. a few hooks would be in order. that is about it. Oh also picked up some new arrows since I mostly bow hunt now.

D8hntr

Reaction score
My thing would be bass lures. I usually buy 3-4 at least, every payday. Haven't bought a new rod or reel in a few months. Sitting at 10 rod and reel combos.

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
Mostly upgrade clothing, bought pair of Schnee's Beartooh mids last year. I'd like to get a new sling...something that stays on my shoulder better.

blazintowers

Reaction score
same thing, ever year I have to buy something new whether I want to or not...need some new boots for my kid and myself, tripod, spotting scope, back pack....the list never ends....there is always something better out there that can help improve your time in the field!

muskeg

Reaction score
I'm thinking about another game camera ......

DJE

Reaction score
I've always put fishing lures in their own category that doesn't count. I've got to buy multiples at a time because if it works I am bound to lose it on the next cast.

Other gear though I tend to not buy something unless it broke. Or I guess more recently is incinerated by the negligence of a utility company. Just need to replace a few more things before the season starts.

muskeg

Reaction score
I just got some 2inch Gulp Camo Sandworms & some Spider Thread (to tie live sand shrimp to the hook.)

P304X4

Reaction score
He who has the most toys when he dies.....wins!!:D

essmanfam2

Reaction score
I just upgraded to some Vortex binoculars and I invested in my 1st spotting scope/tripod (also Vortex). As for guns, I hope to get a CZ Sharptail somewhat soon.

Top Bottom